Valued Contributor

Re: It's Sad- Beauty Awards Show

Some of the items to be voted on I had never even heard of. Trying to get bigger and better names I guess

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac hmmm.  Last time I looked QVC was a business.

they all pretend to be our friends, but really.

Last week I saw an interview with an Ulta top exec.  He kept talking about his customers as "our guests."  But he was really on the show to remind the financial analysts Ulta had made huge money in the last year, but they should keep right on buying the stock because it was going to make even more in the next year.

My guests don't pay me. Do yours?

Valued Contributor

I am certainly not saying I put any stock at all in the Beauty Awards shows. One only need look at the nominees. The Q nominates the brands they want to win. Some  have not at all stellar reviews but they are nominated any way.

The point I was trying to make is that Nick Chavez was always nominated in several categories . Always! My post was out of concern for his health, wondering if that had something to do with no nominations- like are they going to phase out his products.

Respected Contributor

@QPrincess wrote:

I am certainly not saying I put any stock at all in the Beauty Awards shows. One only need look at the nominees. The Q nominates the brands they want to win. Some  have not at all stellar reviews but they are nominated any way.

The point I was trying to make is that Nick Chavez was always nominated in several categories . Always! My post was out of concern for his health, wondering if that had something to do with no nominations- like are they going to phase out his products.

I must not have been paying attention lately, what is wrong with Nick?  I didn't know he had health problems.  

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@QPrincess wrote:

I must not have been paying attention lately, what is wrong with Nick?  I didn't know he had health problems.  

@luvmybeetle 

I cant remember if I saw Nick this year or last, but he mentioned that he had been ill from Cancer. I don't remember all of the details but that is the reason why he had to cut his hair.  

Respected Contributor

@icezeus   Thank you so much, I did not hear that.  I haven't seen him for awhile.