Honored Contributor

Oh boy.  It's hard when the parenting and caregiving roles become reversed.  I hope your dad recovers quickly.  . 

Valued Contributor

@monicakm 

So sorry . Sending prayers and hugs to you and all your family 

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry what you and your parents have gone through. I hope your father is feeling better.

I don't agree with the hospital's policy. Your father has alzheimers, and needs someone to be with him. To heck with the stupid rules. Masks are required in hospitals, so what's the big deal? The health care facilities and hospitals in my area allow one person to be with the patient in a room or ER. I know you can't do anything about that, but it's  wrong of them not to allow you to be with him. Just had to vent about that. 

Rest up and take care of yourself today. Sending prayers to everyone.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's Been a Night

[ Edited ]

I am sorry that you, your dad, and your mom, are having to endure this.  Perhaps it is time for a straight talk with your dad’s doctor. And perhaps the COVID rates are higher in your area, hence still not letting a family member in the hospital.  Our hospitals here are now allowing it, but our rates are low.

Regardless, your dad needs an advocate to stay with him.

And sending him home at that hour?  At the last minute?  I feel sorry for this whole situation, and I do hope it will get better.  Been through much with both parents, now in heaven, so I can relate.  Please take care, and I am sending you my best wishes.

Super Contributor

@monicakm  Oh Monica, I am so sorry. Taking care of my parents was one of the hardest times of my life. I am glad to hear you have a brother nearby who can help. I hope your dad gets better soon, and that your mom is okay. Prayers for you and your family. Remember to take care of yourself as well 🙏

Honored Contributor

@monicakm I am so sorry to hear about your dad.  How scary for all of you.  Must have been so hard for all of you, including your dad, to know he was alone in the ER and not understanding what was going on.  My thoughts are with you and your family.  Please remember to take care of yourself too.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear about your Dad.  Hope he gets better.

I can't believe they wouldn't let you sign in on the forums because of an EZ Pay problem.  Did they not try and contact you first via E-Mail?  I don't do EZ Pay, but I have had credit card problems in the past for Auto Deliveries and they just sent me an E-mail.  Once, I thought I had corrected it, but I guess it didn't go through so they just cancelled the shipment.  Of course, you already have the product with EZ Pay, but I still would expect E-mail to be their first course of action especially considering how little of their actual customer base are on these boards.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Sending this for all of you, expecially Dad.Heart

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Mom called.  Dad's been taken to the hospital with (they think) pneumonia.  Takes 1.5 hours on hold to talk to his ER nurse who said he's ready to come home.  He doesn't have pneumonia, you can come and get him.  It's 10:20pm and I have to go get mom and then an hour drive to the hospital.  Get them home and settled.  Dad has dementia and I have a way with him that mom and my brother don't so I stayed till he was calm and relaxed enough to fall asleep.   30 minute drive home.  I had to sign in on the forums.  Thinking here we go again.  I couldn't log in because an easy pay pymt didn't work Smiley Surprised  Back in Sept someone alerted us to a Tatcha Rice Powder BOGO and I put it on 5 easy pays.  I lost my debit card sometime after the 2nd installment so the 3rd one wouldn't go thru.  Got my new debit card info registered and they let me back on the forums Smiley Surprised  Yikes!

@monicakm , I am so sorry to read about your dad.  So stressful under any circumstance but with these covid rules all the worse.  How is your mom holding up with everything?

Glad it worked out with signing in!

Honored Contributor

Re: It's Been a Night

[ Edited ]

@monicakm Bless your heart for being such a kind and caring daughter. I'm surprised at the hospital policy. All the hospitals in this area of WA state allow one caregiver or support person to be with a patient.

Best wishes and good thoughts to both of your parents. Hang in there. Get some rest if you can. You are a gold star human being Heart