Honored Contributor

Mom called.  Dad's been taken to the hospital with (they think) pneumonia.  Takes 1.5 hours on hold to talk to his ER nurse who said he's ready to come home.  He doesn't have pneumonia, you can come and get him.  It's 10:20pm and I have to go get mom and then an hour drive to the hospital.  Get them home and settled.  Dad has dementia and I have a way with him that mom and my brother don't so I stayed till he was calm and relaxed enough to fall asleep.   30 minute drive home.  I had to sign in on the forums.  Thinking here we go again.  I couldn't log in because an easy pay pymt didn't work Smiley Surprised  Back in Sept someone alerted us to a Tatcha Rice Powder BOGO and I put it on 5 easy pays.  I lost my debit card sometime after the 2nd installment so the 3rd one wouldn't go thru.  Got my new debit card info registered and they let me back on the forums Smiley Surprised  Yikes!

Honored Contributor

That is a lot to deal with. Hope your dad got adequate treatment and a correct diagnosis. The staffing shortages in the health sector are not good for anyone.

Respected Contributor

Prayers for you all. Spent nights like that when my mom was ill.

Contributor

So very sorry about your looooong night.  I hope your dad is feeling better!  Prayers sent up.

I

Honored Contributor

Thank you @AuntG   Actually no, we don't think he got good care and that's not the norm for the hospital he went to.  I'm shocked they sent him home.  He sounds terrible.  No one can go in with him because of covid so he has no advocate.  He's 87, nearly deaf, dementia and all by his self (taken by ambulance).  It took me the entire drive to pick up mom (30 minutes) to get him on the phone (at the hospital) so he could hear my voice tell him we were  on the way instead of a stranger telling him.  I thought hearing my voice would make him feel more comfortable if he had no idea where he was or why he was there.  He's a trooper.  My mom and brother will be taking him back to the Dr today.  I hope he got some good rest.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 

I think most of us here are at that age that we're going thru it or already have.  I've been knowing these calls were going to start happening more frequently.  87 and 82 years old.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@BoKay 

Thank you so much!  I'll be calling around 9.  They're in bed usually by 6:30 but we didn't get home till about 1am and I'm not sure what kind of night he had.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm It is always stressful when a loved one is sick.  I am sorry that it was a difficult night for you. I hope that your dad recover from his illness soon. And take care of youself.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm Take care,  that's rough.  Dementia is tough and I completely understand.  I was like that with my dad too and had a way of relaxing him.  It was draining.  Hoping he is doing well and you have a better day today!

Honored Contributor

Hope your dad is okay @monicakm .  My mom had dementia.  It's not easy.  Take care.