Foundation: Laura Mercier Mineral Powder or Urban Decay Naked Skin

Finishing and/or touch-up powder: Tarte Amazonian Clay

Bronzer: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess

Highlight: Laura Mercier Matte Bronzer 01 Highlight

Eyeshadow: Laura Mercier Topaz

Brow Product: Clinique Brow Pencil

Eyeliner: Laura Mercier Caviar Eyeliner in Black

Mascara: Clinique High Impact

Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: Laura Mercier Blush Lip Glace or Clinique Black Honey

Face Cleanser: Ole Henriksen Red Tea or Olay Gentle Foaming Sensitive Skin

Day Cream: SPF always…..Shiseido Urban Defense is amazing! I also mix in Philosophy's Turbo Vitamin C Powder.

Night Cream: rotate Paula's Choice 4% BHA with Ole Henriksen's Night Firming Gel

Body Cream/Lotion: Aveeno Body Lotion Unscented

Shampoo: Pantene Nature Fusion Smooth

Conditioner: Pantene Nature Fusion Smooth or John Master Organics Neroli Detangler

Respected Contributor

Re: It's Been Awhile...Product HG's

I found a tutorial on YouTube regarding how to make your own foundation, so I used Amazon gifts cards and bought the ingredients. I do have dry skin though, so I think I may try to add a lotion or oil to the powder and see if I can formulate a natural foundation that doesn't feel dry. Kiss

mistriTsquirrel - I bookmarked this page. Very informative. I have a tip during winter when my skin is at its driest-- which may work for you, too. When I use powder foundation I first use my favorite oil over my entire face and neck. Then I buff the powder on my face before the oil sinks in too much. Very natural and pretty finish.

Please let us know how you like it. I may do this too. I already concoct my own foundations, but with existing formulas to get the right color and texture. A good rule of thumb is don't put anything on your skin that you can't eat, and this certainly fits the bill.

Tumeric is a known antioxidants/anti-inflammatory. I take a highly bioavailable form of Curcumin (same as Tumeric) in capsule form daily.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/8/2014 Funloving said:
<p class="quote_author">I found a tutorial on YouTube regarding how to make your own foundation, so I used Amazon gifts cards and bought the ingredients. I do have dry skin though, so I think I may try to add a lotion or oil to the powder and see if I can formulate a natural foundation that doesn't feel dry. Kiss

mistriTsquirrel - I bookmarked this page. Very informative. I have a tip during winter when my skin is at its driest-- which may work for you, too. When I use powder foundation I first use my favorite oil over my entire face and neck. Then I buff the powder on my face before the oil sinks in too much. Very natural and pretty finish.

Please let us know how you like it. I may do this too. I already concoct my own foundations, but with existing formulas to get the right color and texture. A good rule of thumb is don't put anything on your skin that you can't eat, and this certainly fits the bill.

Tumeric is a known antioxidants/anti-inflammatory. I take a highly bioavailable form of Curcumin (same as Tumeric) in capsule form daily.

Thanks, Funloving!

I use avocado oil on my face in the morning, before I put my spf on, and then my primer. I was kind of thinking the powder might cling to the other products too much and it might look caked-on...so I thought I'd start with the powder base and mix in the oil. I'm sure I'll need to mess around with the ingredients to get the right shade and finish. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully, I'll be able to go with this natural formula; it's healthier and costs a lot less than the store-bought stuff too. I think I may be able to mix the beet powder with a little turmeric, and a dash of cocoa powder to make a nice blush.

You may want to check out some of that lady's other videos as well. She has some good ones.

I guess I should look into ingesting turmeric as well. I'm trying to up my antioxidants. I could always eat the makeup, right? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Super Contributor

Primer: Smashbox Foundation: Finishing and/or touch-up powder: Bronzer: Blush:Tarte AC blush Highlight: Eyeshadow: Brow Product: Eyeliner: Mascara: Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: Face CleanserSmiley Tongueurity Moisturizer: Day Cream: Night Cream: Eye cream: hope it a tube Neck Cream: Body Cream/Lotion:BBW , love philosophy, but I'm stingy w it! Shampoo:suave Professionals lines Conditioner:sae Hair Treatment: Styling Cream/Balm/lotion: Hairspray: I used to be much more product loyal, but I guess YT has gotten me to try some new things recently.
Super Contributor

Primer: Only eye primer for me - Tarte 360 Creaseless

Foundation: Josie Maran Matchmaker

Finishing and/or touch-up powder: Josie Maran coconut water liquid powder

Bronzer: Tarte Park Avenue Princess

Blush: Josie Maran Watercolor Cheek Gelees

Highlight: Josie's product - can't recall the name!

Eyeshadow: Mally

Brow Product: Anastasia clear brow gel (I may go less expensive next time though!)

Eyeliner: Mally Starlight

Mascara: Mally

Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: Fresh Rose tinted balm

Face Cleanser: Purity

Moisturizer: philosophy Take a Deep Breath

Day Cream: n/a

Night Cream: Josie Maran Argan Milk

Eye cream: Josie Maran Argan Milk - multi-tasker!

Neck Cream: haven't started one yet - but I do pull that Argan Milk down my neck!

Body Cream/Lotion: philosophy Fresh Cream, but once I run out, I will either invest in Wen or do drugstore

Shampoo: Wen cleansing conditioner

Conditioner: Wen cleansing conditioner

Hair Treatment: Wen Remoist

Styling Cream/Balm/lotion: Wen texture balm, styling cream, mousse

Hairspray: Wen volumizing treatment spray

Beauty Tools: Clarisonic, and looking for a new hair dryer - seriously considering the Super Solano from all the good rec's on here!

I love this thread - can't wait to read through the whole thing! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

I think this thread should be called Current Favorites, I bet by next year all these lists will be completely different. Except mine.

Frequent Contributor

Primer: Lancome La Base Pro

Foundation: Estee Lauder Futurist

Finishing and/or touch-up powder: Laura Mercier Loose Powder

Bronzer: Bobbie Brown Natural or Bronze Shimmerbrick

Blush: Bobbi Brown Pale Pink or Smashbox Flush

Highlight: don't use

Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette or Bobbie Brown

Brow Product: Maybelline Define a Brow in Dark Blonde

Eyeliner: Lancome Kohl Pencil in Black Coffee

Mascara: Maybelline Define a Lash

Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: Estee Lauder Fig Liner, Mac Creme Cup LS and Smashbox Pop Lip Gloss

Face Cleanser: Paula's Choice Skin Balancing

Moisturizer: Principal Secret Reclaim Daycream

Day Cream: Cerave AM SPF 30

Night Cream: Roc Deep Wrinkle Repair

Eye cream: Paula's Choice Antioxidant Serum

Neck Cream: none

Body Cream/Lotion: Philosophy Amazing Grace

Shampoo: Pantene or Vidal Sassoon

Conditioner: Pantene

Hair Treatment: Aussie 3 Minute Deeep Conditioner

Styling Cream/Balm/lotion: Tresseme Heat Tamer Spray

Hairspray:

Occasional Contributor

Primer: Tarte Clean Slate 12 Hour Perfecting Primer/Rimmel Fix and Perfect 001

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear/ bareMinerals Ready Foundation

Finishing and/or touch-up powder: bareMinerals brightening pearl Perfect Light Mineral Veil/Rimmel Stay Matte

Bronzer: use as contour Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

Blush: Covergirl Cheekers Rose Silk/Laura Geller Blush n Brighten Como

Highlight: Mally Luminizer Heavenly

Eyeshadow: Mally Evercolor Shadowsticks

Brow Product: still looking

Eyeliner: Mally Evercolor Ultimate Waterproof Eyeliner

Mascara: Mally Volumizing/Benefit They're Real

Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: gave up lip balm after using bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie has hydrated and healed my lips like nothing else. I also love love LOVE Mally High Shine Liquid Lipstick

Face Cleanser: bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser/Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Toweletts

Moisturizer: Philosophy Hope in a Jar

Eye cream: still looking

Body Cream/Lotion: Philosophy Body Emulsion

Shampoo: still looking

Conditioner: still looking

Hair Treatment: it's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin

Hairspray: Tresemme Tres Two Hairspray Level 4

Not applicable

Primer: Benefits the porefessional and Tarte clean slate. Also Tarte eye primer Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Finishing and/or touch-up powder: Urban Decay Naked powder or Tartes finishing power Bronzer: Tarte matte park princess ave Blush: none Highlight: none Eyeshadow: UD naked basics, mac palettes and UD Naked 1 & 3 Brow Product: Elf Eyeliner: Mac Teddy. Stila liquid liner (love) Mascara: Tarte lights camera lashes (purple tube) or Benefits they're real Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: Chapstick. EOS. and whatever color I feel like. I'm really into Rimmell but I'm not a big lipstick fan Face Cleanser: Ultra Calming Line by Dermalogica Moisturizer: Active Moist by Dermalogica for face Day Cream: same Night Cream: same Eye cream: trying to find one. Haven't found one I LOVE yet Neck Cream: same Body Cream/Lotion: Aveeno I scented Shampoo: Alterna color hold or caviar repair Conditioner: Alterna Color hold or caviar repair Hair Treatment: masque as needed Alterna Styling Cream/Balm/lotion: Alterna protein creme. It's a 10 Hairspray: none Beauty Tools:
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/9/2014 depglass said:

I think this thread should be called Current Favorites, I bet by next year all these lists will be completely different. Except mine.

You're absolutely correct! Maybe we should amend this thread for ladies to show how many years (days?) these products have been their HG. I've used the same foundation, moisturizer, and lipstick/blush since my mid-20's (I'm 65 now). I've used the same firming cream for 12+ years. The rest are less that 5 years and subject to change.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt