Respected Contributor

Re: It's Been Awhile...Product HG's

I'm probably a party pooper! i don't use all of these products

Primer: None

Foundation: Looking for a new one

Finishing and/or touch-up powder: Mineral Veil is what I have, but I'm open to others. I don't use it daily

Bronzer: The only one I have is Urban Decay. I like it a lot, but can't compare it to others.

Blush: Benefit's Benetint! This is a repeat purchase for me. I also have, and like Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush. I sometimes use it alone, but more often, layer it on top of the Benetint.

Highlight: None

Eyeshadow: Urban Decay, hands down!

Brow Product: I use Missha's.... it's cheap and okay. I really like Benefit's brow pencil. I have limited choices, because I'm allergic to many.

Eyeliner: Urban Decay's 24/7 in Rockstar

Mascara: Love Benefit's They're Real, but it's too hard to get off. Like Skinn's, but it's too much money. Still looking.

Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: Urban Decay's new lipstick, and 100% Pure's lipstick pencils. I really love the 100% Pure product, which really surprised me!

Face Cleanser: Serious Skin Care C-Clean

Moisturizer: I use isomer's serums and sometimes their moisturizer

Day Cream: Serums, not creams

Night Cream: Serums, not creams

Eye cream: Isomer's serums and 100% Pure Caffeine Eye Cream

Neck Cream: None

Body Cream/Lotion: None

Shampoo: No favorites at the moment

Conditioner: No favorites at the moment

Hair Treatment: No favorites at the moment

Styling Cream/Balm/lotion:

Hairspray: None

Beauty Tools: Amika hair dryer. Wooden Boar Head and nylon bristle brush from Sally's

Occasional Contributor

Good thread! I'm currently using up/re-homing to sisters and nieces etc. to thin my stash. I'm trying to pair down to HG products only as I approach 40! I'm old enough to know what works/doesn't so stop wasting my money on silly things I won't love or use Smiley Happy

I don't use primer daily: but like the Clinique pore minimizer one

Foundation: Lancôme Teint Idole (repeat purchase last 5 yrs) during winter and *think Urban Decay Naked is a winner for summer months

Bronzer: Benefit Hoola

Highlighter: using up Benefit Girl Meets Pearl, love the Eyebright too

Don't use blush usually, but enjoyed a tiny Tarte one called Stellar (not sure if its a reg. color) I'm almost out, would buy it

Mascara: Loreal "Smoke" from the drugstore or Clinique Lash doubling

Lip liner: Rimmel "Epic"....perfect for me

Gloss: Used to be Clinique Beach Bunny...Buxom Dolly is my daily gloss these days

Lipstick: NARS Cruella and Damned and Mac "Hang Up"

Eyeshadow: Naked Basics will be a repurchase
all other palettes will last forever and don't plan to repurchase

Eyeline: Urban Decay Whiskey, Bourbon, Demolition and Rockstar are faves

L'Oreal Sulfate free shampoos

Bumble and Bumble thickening hairspray (expensive, works awesome!)

moisturizer: Clinique DDM

Respected Contributor

You'll beeeee sorrreeee {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Primer: Monistat Chaffing Gel

Foundation: Purple Labs Silk Sheets dc'ed / IT CC Creme / Perricone Tinted Moisturizer/ Bare Minerals Original Formula combined with SB Halo which I mix and put in a user friendly container with perfect lid for dipping brush.

Finishing and/or touch-up powder: Last foundation concoction

Bronzer: Smashbox Matte / Bobbi Brown Illuminating bronzers in Maui, Antigua & Bali Brown

Blush: Bobbi Brown Tawny / LG BnB in several shades / Elf Creme blush / Nars Penny Lane Creme when I can find it

Highlight: For face still looking for the perfect formula- Bobbi Brown Shimmer bricks------In summer for arms, Josie M.

Eyeshadow: Bobbi Brown in ALL formulas. Her glitter shadows & metallics aren't your teenager's shadows- PLUS several individuals in Urban Decay

Brow Product: Was Anastasia Brow Pomade LOVED & dc'ed. Same brand Brow Wiz. Most exciting find and know will be my HG- Too Faced Bulletproof Brows (SO much like my dc'ed fav!)

Eyeliner: Tarte self sharpening (hard to find), Bare Minerals self sharpening dc'ed, Mally

Mascara: #1 Mally white wand non-waterproof #2 Maybelline Full 'n Soft

Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: Nars Catfight, Several MAC shades in amplified cream formula/ Burts Bee Lip Shimmers/ Daily Lip Conditioner in pink pot

Face Cleanser: Aveeno Positively Radiant / DHC Cleansing Oil

Moisturizer: Novo Solutions right now - I change things up though

Day Cream: "

Night Cream: "

Eye cream: "

Neck Cream: Novo Solutions

Body Cream/Lotion: Those I can trust: LaVanillia - All flavors / Lather natural brand

Shampoo: WEN Six Thirteen

Conditioner: WEN Six Thirteen

Hair Treatment: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Styling Cream/Balm/lotion: MoroccanOil Lite /WEN /Paul Mitchell Hair Sculpting Lotion

Hairspray: My stash of Ojon Tunu 6 large bottles collected when on auto ship... then what?? Actually, rarely use hairspray-

Beauty Tools: Round brushes, Conair Infinity Pro Curl Secret

Esteemed Contributor

Primer: L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

Finishing Powder: Almay Pure Blends (discontinued; bought some on eBay)

Blush: Lorac "Soul"

Highlighter: Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Translucent Illuminator (found at Target)

Mascara: Avon SuperExtend Mascara

Body Lotion: Seven Wonders Miracle Lotion (found on LuckyVitamin.com)

Shampoo and Conditioner: Organix Macadamia Oil

Leave-In: Fekkai Glossing cream...a little goes a long way

Beauty tools: I'm still searching for the perfect angled blush brush. I have an ancient Avon blush brush that is perfect. None of the ones I've seen since are like the one I have, and my Avon brush has been repaired multiple times, and the hair is starting to become brittle. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I'm searching for natural and organic products to replace the ones that aren't, so I'm anticipating changes in my list...

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

On 2/6/2014 chickenmoo said:

Awesome!! Fun thread! Smiley Happy

The only HG products I have are the few that I consistently buy over and over again, and always have so I don't run out....lol

It's a small list though.haha The only things I keep buying are: 1)that cheapo Milani blush--love it so!! 2)actual real authentic Korean bb creams--like like the gold label and pink label best of all! 3)korean bb powder--to set my bb cream. 3)again with the Milani lol--their 'nude' lipliner that you just twirl to get more to pop up 4)blistex has some moisture lip balm in a tube with little blue bubbles in it--best lip balm ever ever ever! 5)**please don't flame me because I'm not here to start any fights**but for hair stuff, its all Wen--best results I've ever had even after going through super-expensive salon stuff 6)again with the drugstore stuff--I *love* Salma Hyak's oil-free moisturizer and I keep stocked up on that. 7) For bodysprays I love CVS's Japanese Garden--I think it's by Essence of Beauty or whatever.. 8)I don't leave home without my eyebrows lol, so I love Milani's little brow kit with the tweezers, brow color and highlight. 8) and I have an obsession with Maybelline's mascaras...there's one that's dual ended--one side for lower lashes, one for top lashes--I just love it beyond words and it's sooo affordable!! 9)And last but not least, Almay makes a lip gloss/balm in a tube with applicator--that thing is awesome! It's my go-to everyday lipbalm/gloss all in one--talk about multitasking!lol

That's pretty much the list for me...Everything else I just kinda mix and match--skin cream, eye cream--there's nothing I get crazy about and keep buying--sometimes I return to something that I liked previously, but normally I don't give a fig if I ever see most of that stuff again.lol I kinda like trying new things Smiley Happy

I love your list chickenmoo! This was really fun to read.

It's a truly sad statement for this board to fear being flamed for liking a product. I love Wen too, and WON'T be knocked for it. My hair is growing back from chemo and Wen has made it beautiful.

Respected Contributor

On 2/8/2014 mistriTsquirrel said:

Beauty tools: I'm still searching for the perfect angled blush brush. I have an ancient Avon blush brush that is perfect. None of the ones I've seen since are like the one I have, and my Avon brush has been repaired multiple times, and the hair is starting to become brittle. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I'm searching for natural and organic products to replace the ones that aren't, so I'm anticipating changes in my list...

mistriTsquirrel - I have an angled blush brush which is Sephora brand. Just thought I'd mention in case you haven't seen that one.

I'm with you trying to go as natural and organic as possible. I've done that with my body washes and lotions... also in foods, but still have a ways to go replacing beauty products.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/8/2014 Funloving said:
On 2/8/2014 mistriTsquirrel said:

mistriTsquirrel - I have an angled blush brush which is Sephora brand. Just thought I'd mention in case you haven't seen that one.

I'm with you trying to go as natural and organic as possible. I've done that with my body washes and lotions... also in foods, but still have a ways to go replacing beauty products.

I will check it out, as I haven't been there or on their website lately. Cool I guess I may wind up taking a brush I already have and trimming it to my liking, or creating my own brush.

I found a tutorial on YouTube regarding how to make your own foundation, so I used Amazon gifts cards and bought the ingredients. I do have dry skin though, so I think I may try to add a lotion or oil to the powder and see if I can formulate a natural foundation that doesn't feel dry. Kiss

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

On 2/6/2014 YoUrBloNde13 said:

Primer: Revlon PhotoReady

Foundation: Neutrogena Skin Clearing or Revlon ColorStay

Finishing and/or touch-up powder: B.E Illuminating veil or MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish

Bronzer: NYC Smooth Skin

Blush: Nars Org*sm

Highlight: Nars Albatross

Eyeshadow: Stila "kitten" MAC's "Embark" and UD's Naked Palette

Brow Product: Anastasia's Brow Wiz "Ash blonde"

Eyeliner: NYC's liquid pen liner

Mascara: L'oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: MAC's "Angel" lipglass, EOS balms

Face Cleanser:Neutogena's Deep Clean cleanser

Moisturizer:Kiehl's Ultra Face Lotion

Eye cream: Shesido's Benefiance

Neck Cream: Bare Minerals Extra Firming

Body Cream/Lotion: Johnson's Baby Oil

Shampoo: Clear for color treated hair

Conditioner: Pantene Moisture Renewal

Hair Treatment:Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream

Styling Cream/Balm/lotion: It's a 10 Styling Serum

Beauty Tools: Clarasonic, LightStim

Can you please tell me how you like the Revlon Photoready Primer? Can you say how the consistency is? I like a lot of silicone in mine does the Revlon one have a lot of it? How is the texture? Does it smell? I will need to buy a less expensive primer as I can't afford Mally's anymore and I heard that the Revlon one is good. Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Primer: Mally's 15 SPF in the tube

Foundation: CG AquaSmooth (try others, keep going back to this)

Blush: I use my lipstick as a cream blush - Revlon

Highlight: Plasma Bright Veil (Skinn)

Eyeshadow: Mally's taupe eye stick

Eyeliner: Jordana pencils

Mascara: L'Oreal Million Lashes (try others but always go back to L'Oreal)

Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: Revlon Softsilver Red, Burt's Bees Shimmer in Peony

Moisturizer: Clinique Gel

Neck Cream: Avon Dramatic Firming Cream

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

On 2/8/2014 tototwo said:

Primer: Mally's 15 SPF in the tube

Foundation: CG AquaSmooth (try others, keep going back to this)

Blush: I use my lipstick as a cream blush - Revlon

Highlight: Plasma Bright Veil (Skinn)

Eyeshadow: Mally's taupe eye stick

Eyeliner: Jordana pencils

Mascara: L'Oreal Million Lashes (try others but always go back to L'Oreal)

Lipstick/Lipgloss/Lipliner/Lip Balm: Revlon Softsilver Red, Burt's Bees Shimmer in Peony

Moisturizer: Clinique Gel

Neck Cream: Avon Dramatic Firming Cream

tototwo: I know.... CG Aquasmooth is GREAT foundation! My list was already long, but keep this in rotation and have backups. This one I apply with a damp beauty blender egg... BEAUTIFUL finish. Love and have worn for years!