Honored Contributor

This seriously is not directed at any particular post or thread. But I see this word misspelled so often that I just wanted to let those who may not know that is is not "argon" oil.  "Argon is a chemical element with symbol Ar and atomic number 18. It is in group 18 of the periodic table and is a noble gas."

We don't want no gas, regardless of how noble it is, on our faces. Evar. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Thank you bugs me too
Honored Contributor

No..no, no...you've got it all wrong. It's spelled like this: arrrrrrgan oil. You know, just like she says it...LOL!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: It's ArgAn oil

[ Edited ]

LOL I try not to be too nitpicky about spelling but that one always bothers me because of the fact that argon is a real thing that is used at the various places I work so I am quite familiar with it and, yes,  it is quite a different beast than argan oil, lol.

But I must say, the misspelling of Josie's last name over and over also kind of bugs me.

Moran. Maron. Moron (oops, ok I haven't seen anyone spell it like this. Smiley Wink ). Marian. Marion. The list goes on and on. So seeing argon oil along with one of several variations of the misspelling of her name is just a double whammy.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Erin........Aaron........don't they sound the same?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

No..no, no...you've got it all wrong. It's spelled like this: arrrrrrgan oil. You know, just like she says it...LOL!Woman LOL

LOL!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This seriously is not directed at any particular post or thread. But I see this word misspelled so often that I just wanted to let those who may not know that is is not "argon" oil.  "Argon is a chemical element with symbol Ar and atomic number 18. It is in group 18 of the periodic table and is a noble gas."

Are you sure you're not a school teacher,lol? I actually spell checked and corrected a receipt from our car salesman, in the dealership.

Sometimes, ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do.

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Are you sure you're not a school teacher,lol? I actually spell checked and corrected a receipt from our car salesman, in the dealership.

Sometimes, ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do.

Haha...as a matter of fact, I taught grammar, punctuation, word usage, vocabulary, and spelling to court reporters studying for our state's very rigorous exam. Loved my job.

But I hope you and all notice that I never correct an individual poster. Oh, wait, that's not true. I have on occasion pointed out errors in a post in which the person was correcting or pointing out errors in others' posts. I figure that they deserve the same treatment. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: It's ArgAn oil

[ Edited ]

The spelling doesnt bother me as much as the vendor that sells it here cant even pronounce it right.  Does anyone else notice?

Super Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Erin........Aaron........don't they sound the same?

Actually, no, they don't. Unless you're mispronouncing one of them.