Honored Contributor

It's Almost That Time of Year Again (for white sunglasses)

So I have spent the last couple of hours in yet another futile search for the beautiful Courreges b/w sunglasses.  Once again, I struck out (sigh).  Went to Amazon and was going to repurchase a pair I lost last year (not b&w).  And while they look nothing like the Courreges sunglasses, the style I was going to repurchase, now comes in b&w.  I already know I like the style.  

I lost these

FIMILU Sunglasses for Women Trendy Polarized Sunglasses Oversized Big Sun Glasses Ladies Shades UV Protection

Going to repurchase those and get these too.

This is what I've search for for 3 years.

Courreges sunglasses.JPG

I've had these for about three years and love them.

Clipboard01.jpg

And what I've been wearing this winter.  we've had one week of winter this year...sigh.

ps...i spilled cold brew on my keyboard.  keyboard not cooperating. t

Kate Spade Women's Lulu Gradient Rectangle Sunglasses

Honored Contributor

Re: It's Almost That Time of Year Again (for white sunglasses)

@monicakm - oh I do like the black and white ones you are going to purchase.  Those look very nice.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Thanks!  They will be here Thursday.  

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

I have the black and white ones you are purchasing and get so many compliments when I wear them. If I lost them, I would buy again. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

GREAT!  Thanks for letting me know how much you like them Smiley Happy

I already know I like the style from the translucent brown ones and the color combo of the Brighton sunglasses.

Honored Contributor

I use Oakley sunglasses all year.  I have no glare and can see in rain on a bright day.

There isn't anything to improve on!

Esteemed Contributor

Those are very pretty @monicakm.  I did a little search for you, because you never know, and had no luck, but found these pretty "Vintage Courreges Sunglasses - Cats Eye Sunglasses, Tortoise Shell Frames Authentic Courreges Glasses Faux Tortoise / Gold frames" in Etsy.  $108.  One pair.  I like tortoise for myself better than bw, but maybe not your taste.  Just, you never know.  These are prescription, so the lenses may need to be changed.  Etsy had other vintage Courreges, including black and white, but these are the only ones I saw in Etsy in this shape, which has similarity.

Vintage Courreges Sunglasses  Cats Eye Sunglasses Tortoise image 1

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm  I like the sunglasses you ordered more than the ones Nikol Johnson is wearing. Her sunglasses are OK, but not worth the cost.  

I wear non polarized sunglasses, they don't always hide glare but most of the time I don't have that problem. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

Would you consider those cat-eye shaped?  I thought they had to be more pointed at the outside upper corner.  I wear tortise shell in the fall and winter...can't wear white after Labor Day, ya know Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

For me sunglasses are more about fashion over form.  I LOVE Nikol's glasses but I guess after looking for 3 years it's time to give up.  I know I'll enjoy the one from Amazon tho.