Honored Contributor

Re: It cosmets made in Korea! Changing my beauty routine...USA

It's the OP's first post.  She just blurted something out with no rationale or explanation.  I can't help but wonder if she's just trying to stir something up.  We need to be clear that the Korean skincare we all have access to comes from South Korea, including whatever Jamie manufactures there.  Korean skincare, well Asian skincare in general, is exceptional.  They are always ahead of us in ingredients and products, which there is an abundance to choose from.  I've used many in the past and currently still use a few that I'm very happy with.  If I'd ever give up on any of the other products in my routine, I wouldn't hesitate going back to Korean products.

Respected Contributor

I use what works best for me, regardless of the country of origin.
Super Contributor

I totaly agree that Korean beauty products are superb! I like them especially since they manufacture many creams for sensitive skin. I have used Korean made products for years and have found them to be among the best. One line I especially like is Atopalm. 

Honored Contributor

I'm slowly adjusting to the fact that very few products are manufactured or grown in countries that get my seal of approval.  Gets tricky sometimes.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

Would posters who are using Korean products with great results mind giving us the names of the products and where to find them?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I think there is just a stigma in this country about using items that say Made in China, but I do use and love some ELF cosmetics, all made there.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I think there is just a stigma in this country about using items that say Made in China, but I do use and love some ELF cosmetics, all made there.

@Shelbelle- but So Korea and Japan are not China.  So Korea and Japan are allies and the people are very westernized; there are many American enterprises in both countries which employ Americans as well as their own citizens.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, please post on a separate thread with Korean Fungus Remedy, or something similar, in the title.  DH has had this problem for years wearing steel toed boots for work outside.  Now that he's retired he still has the problem and he faithfully uses some US product every night.  I've told him to ask Doc for a script but he won't hear of it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@seehorse wrote:

Would posters who are using Korean products with great results mind giving us the names of the products and where to find them?

Thanks!

@seehorse- I use Amorepacific products.  I use many products and go to the Amore shops for facials and supplies.  Your skin needs will be different from mine but they use botanicals...many products have three main ingredients, red ginseng, bamboo and an element found in green tea.  As I have aged, American products have been too harsh.  I was getting rashes, peeling etc.  You can google Amorepacific and see their products for yourself.  I love the sun block as well.  They are high end but I love them and have had noticeable results...I love luminosity with little makeup and have not been able to achieve that result with IT or any other product.  As another poster stated, if you have an H Mart near you, they carry Korean beauty products which are more reasonable but my skin was in dreadful shape and I just loved the effect of these products.  I bought some in flight and got a good price.  They do last long.  I have gone to the same manicurist for 19 years and she does not have one wrinkle....she directed me to the product which is Korea's best.  

Valued Contributor

I've decided not to buy any skin care from countries with questionable animal rights practices.  S. Korea is one of those.  Unfortunately most countries have some problems with the way they routinely treat animals so now I buy from small American companies rather than large corporations.  It's the best I can do.  More single-ingredient products work just as well for me and have few to no toxins in them, important since my cancer diagnosis.  Since simplifying and purifying my routine, my skin is healthy and glowing, just like it was when I was spending big bucks on a complicated routine.