Esteemed Contributor

Re: It cosmetics just sold to L'oreal

I ❤️ L'Oreal mascaras and eye liners.  With their background hopefully they can help the It Cosmetics line finally come up with more foundation shades.

Super Contributor

@wildcat fan yes!!!! Even the fair is too dark on me.
Valued Contributor

I was thinking the same thing!  I don't use her foundations, but I like other products in her line.  I too wonder if they'll dumb down the brushes, etc.  I think I'll see if there are things I need....

But, I am very happy for Jamie!

Trusted Contributor

I'm very happy for Jaime....she worked so very hard building this company and make it a global sensation.

That being said, I'm sad it was sold to a company that is not cruelty free and I don't know how they can assure us that the It products will remain cruelty free. I hope they do and that the quality remains. When and if those two things ever change, I will be looking for yet another beauty line. 

Trusted Contributor

1.2 billion in 8 years of operation -very impressive. This is not about customer loyalty, it's simply how a capilalist economy works. For a company to be successful, it must contimue to grow. Growth takes capital investment, and a bigh company like l'Oreal can do that. Jamie does not get all the cash. The Bloomberg article says that IT was backed by TSG consumer products (also backed Smashbox, YSL Beaute and Vitaminwater). They invest, grow the brands, then sell. The majority of the profit will go to TSG.

IT will continue to operate as is, which means no animal testing. Jamie has a business degree from Columbia. I'm sure her mission from the start was to be financially successful. Congrats!

Occasional Contributor

Heard it on the Business News today.  So sorry to hear it.

Occasional Contributor

Heard it on the business news today.  So sorry to hear.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a win for L'Oreal. For the consumer...not so much! But who knows? It's probably good for consumers outside the U.S. and Canada where L'Oreal sells too.

Jaime is just another successful QVC vendor that ends up selling her company for big bucks to a corporate giant. I'm sure she'll remain as a spokesperson for a while just like other beauty vendors before her and then she'll likely leave and be replaced by someone else. It happens all the time. Good thing I'm not brand loyal to any cosmetic or skin care brand or I'd be eternally disappointed!

I do own other L'Oreal products like some of their Garnier hair products and L'Oreal concealers. The only item I own from IT Cosmetics currently is their CC creams. I am not wowed by their other products.

I read the Bloomberg article. Funny that they don't mention another successful L'Oreal purchase, they made the owner of NYX Cosmetics rich as well when they bought that line a few years ago. That line has expanded quite a bit and is a very popular one, especially with teens and millenials. That line does have some nice items too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never got into IT, but I hate to see L'oreal take over yet another company that does no animal testing.

Aside from that issue, the products always change.  I used Purity facial cleanser for years, and it changed almost immediately.  

The 'new' version is not remotely similar to the one that worked so well for me.

BLAH

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Hopefully they will add more foundation colors.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️