Esteemed Contributor

It cosmetics blurred lines lipstick

Do any of you use these. I almost want to send them back. They stay on for like 10 minutes. I bought both of the trios they offer. They are so slippery like a balm and don't stay on and the colors outside the red all look the same. Any tips on how to use these? Do I need to use a liner? I am thinking of returning them.
Frequent Contributor

Re: It cosmetics blurred lines lipstick

I haven't used these particular lipsticks, but in general I prefer a balm like texture with a lipstick because my lips are dry. I'd rather reapply more often than be uncomfortable. If you want longer wear, I suggest filling your lips in with a liner and applying the lipstick over the liner. That will give you more depth of color and longer wear.

If you don't want to bother with a liner, then, yes, return them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind getting some liners if that will make them stay on. Anyone know of some good drugstore lipliner. I am not spending 20 dollars on one it liner.
Respected Contributor

No, these lipsticks don't stay on long--but I like a softer texture in lipstick as for some reason, my lips crack and get dry even in summer.

I love the "Love" color, but if you want something similar in color, try Mally's French Kiss or similar color. Her lipsticks seem to stay on longer and are a thicker formula. 

The liquid lipsticks from Too Face also stay on well. 

Respected Contributor

Wet n Wild liners are great, also NYX. No need to spend $$$ on liners. 

Valued Contributor

I really love how they feel but agree they are not long wearing.
Respected Contributor

I would send them back, if it were me. I like a full colored lipstick. I also like it to be semi matte and I want it to stay on. I know regular lipsticks fade with talking, eating, etc, but I don't want to be reapplying every 10 minutes. I don't want a slick feeling lipstick. I do agree that applying them over a lip liner may help. 

Honored Contributor

The It cosmetics lipsticks do not last for me either, but I will say their lip liner is fantastic. It lasts foreve on my lips, it is great! My lipsticks last longer with this liner and no lipstick bleeding.....I am now wearing the new Urban Decay lipsticks! LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!  

Regular Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I would send them back, if it were me. I like a full colored lipstick. I also like it to be semi matte and I want it to stay on. I know regular lipsticks fade with talking, eating, etc, but I don't want to be reapplying every 10 minutes. I don't want a slick feeling lipstick. I do agree that applying them over a lip liner may help. 

@wvumountiefan

Have you tried Katy Kat Matte lipsticks (by CoverGirl)?  They are really good and inexpensive, and sound like your kind of lipstick.  I got "Catoure"  and I really like it! 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Esteemed Contributor

I am going to see if I can find my receipts and packaging I think and send back. I can get so many more lipsticks with buy one get half off. Do I need my receipts or are the return labels ok to use.