Regular Contributor

It cosmetics Build a Brow......

got the Build a Brow w/ fancy brush about 3 month ago...

used it pretty much everyday and have made sure to screw the lid back on tightly. Did not use any eye/brow makeup for about a week during the beginning of allergy season when my eyes were itchy & runny. Went back to my daily routine and was sooooo disappointed to find my little pot of Build a Brow has turned into a solid clump of gunk! What's up with that??? Too pricey to turn like that. Will never buy again.

Honored Contributor

Re: It cosmetics Build a Brow......

I use this brow application as well as the Doll 10 comparable application and this is a problem with both of them.  Here's what I do, which has really helped....

I run the water until it is extremely hot.  I then put a two or three drops of this hot water into the pot and make sure I snap the lid (or screw it on) tightly.  The heat and moisture from the water seems to soften the mixture, kind of changes the atmosphere inside the pot.  I also take some on my brush and put it on the cap and "cream" it by working it before I use it.  That way it gets whatever moisture was on the mixture to cream into the mixture.  I scrap most of it off my brush by scraping it along an edge and then make sure I have the least amount possile on the very edge of my brush before application.  I use a combination of blonde and brunette (with blonde being predominate).

I swear by both of these products!  I've had pre-cancerous lesions taken off my brows and no hair has grown back... also it's impossible for most pencils to go over scar tissue, so I'm very grateful for how well this product works....    

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@3Irishboys wrote:

got the Build a Brow w/ fancy brush about 3 month ago...

used it pretty much everyday and have made sure to screw the lid back on tightly. Did not use any eye/brow makeup for about a week during the beginning of allergy season when my eyes were itchy & runny. Went back to my daily routine and was sooooo disappointed to find my little pot of Build a Brow has turned into a solid clump of gunk! What's up with that??? Too pricey to turn like that. Will never buy again.

I had it and dislked it very much. First of all the shade taupe was too red as many are. The brush it came with was silly. The pot has a large opening (wide) these kind of pots as one can imagine just by looking would dry out faster then a small pot with a deeper where the product is housed. I didn't have it long enough to see it dry up! it went back to the store. I have others in a pot form...my new one of recent is by Becca. It is AWESOME! the color is right on...no red. It's in a pot as well....like my others which have not dried up. This is the best brow gel/mousse I have bought..love it!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Super Contributor

I use it too but so far no problems with it. It is a very thick product to begin with. 

Valued Contributor

I've had mine since January and it hasn't dried out yet.  I agree that the taupe color has a bit more red in it than other taupe products, but it actually works better with my coloring so I really like it.  I have the Anastasia Dipbrow in taupe and it is a bit too ashy for me but perhaps it will work better for those who don't want the red tones.  It is a very nice product.

Contributor

I really liked it but I bought one dried out in a week. Lid was on tight I had husband put it on as tight as he could and he had to open it for me.  Thought maybe it was a fluke bought another one it lasted 2 weeks same result I ended up with a solid rock. 

Honored Contributor

3Irishboys- You may want to give Anastasia's DipBrow product a try....I have had that one for months and no drying out for me anyway. I love the product!!!!!!!