Contributor

It cosmetic brushes shedding

I am on my third IT foundation brush and after 3 months of use, the hairs in the brush start shedding leaving them all over my face.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I have Bare Minerals brushes that are several years old with no problem of shedding.

Respected Contributor

Re: It cosmetic brushes shedding

I have TONS, of BE brushes, since they give them to you with practically every purchase. Some are very hold & have held up well. No shedding, no problems.

Esteemed Contributor

I have three IT double-ended foundation brushes that I purchased 7 or more years ago.  Never any shedding problems and they are still like new.  And I wash my brushes every time I use them.    Makes me wonder if the quality of IT has gone down over the years, or since the brand was sold.   I haven't puchased any IT brushes in years.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have been loving my Real Techniques brushes.  I think they might be my favorite brushes (and you can't beat the drugstore prices on these bruchses!).

Respected Contributor

I have IT brushes from years ago that are still in great shape. I have no complains. A few years ago I bought the Kevin Aucoin foundation brush from  Sephora and it sheds so bad that I can't even use it.

Contributor

Maybe it depends on the brush.  I have an It brush that came with the matte CC cream.  Even with regular cleaning, it doesn't shed at all.  I also have a blush brush and the gimmicky highlight/contour brush, which I love btw, and they do not shed.  I clean my brushes using baby shampoo and dry them ferule up. How are you cleaning yours?

I do agree, btw, that BE has some great brushes.  My favorite foundation brush, believe it or not, is the Belle Beauty one.  I also love Mr. Perfect from Too Faced.

Frequent Contributor

Mumzy,

Yes, I have had about 3 IT Heavenly Luxe brushes that would shed after a few months of use.  It was just the Heavenly Luxe brushes.  The other IT brushes I have did not shed.  I did note that this brush is made in China as I do have a new one that I haven't opened yet.  I do clean them every few days with either Purity or Its Your Brush Love.

Super Contributor

Some of my IT brushes were ******.... I agree.....

Regular Contributor

I've has same issue - the newer ones not made as well as I still have ones from years ago that are still in good shape (and I wash them regularly).  That was back when Jaime still owned company and was the one presenting - much better quality back then.