Valued Contributor

Re: It cc vitality cream blush - formula changed?

I received it yesterday. The blush is okay, you need to just use a little. I don't like the foundation nor the lipstick. The foundation does not cover my redness and the lipstick doesn't last at all...like 1/2 hr! Really...

I love the PTR CC Cream, which I use. I thought this might be better but it is not. What I noticed the foundation does not last either. Maybe a couple of hours. I looked in the mirror and noticed I didn't look like I had any coverage at all. I'm sending it back. Very dissapointed!

Respected Contributor

@Ceci wrote:

I received it yesterday. The blush is okay, you need to just use a little. I don't like the foundation nor the lipstick. The foundation does not cover my redness and the lipstick doesn't last at all...like 1/2 hr! Really...

I love the PTR CC Cream, which I use. I thought this might be better but it is not. What I noticed the foundation does not last either. Maybe a couple of hours. I looked in the mirror and noticed I didn't look like I had any coverage at all. I'm sending it back. Very dissapointed!

I wish the lipstick didn't last on me, lol. The color goes on dark and gets darker over time and ends up looking like Halloween dark on me, never had this happen.

I love the foundation and the blush though, really love both of them as well as the brushes. Just have to remember to go easy with the blush than it is so pretty and so natural looking.

I think the foundation runs light since I am normally like but prefer the medium in this one which  works great for me, natural looking and love how light weight it is on my face, like I don't have anything on.

I used the small end of the brush to cover up some discoloration I have at the corners of my eyes, does the job and don't need concealer doing this.

Honored Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

@Ceci wrote:

I wish the lipstick didn't last on me, lol. The color goes on dark and gets darker over time and ends up looking like Halloween dark on me, never had this happen.

I love the foundation and the blush though, really love both of them as well as the brushes. Just have to remember to go easy with the blush than it is so pretty and so natural looking.

I think the foundation runs light since I am normally like but prefer the medium in this one which  works great for me, natural looking and love how light weight it is on my face, like I don't have anything on.

I used the small end of the brush to cover up some discoloration I have at the corners of my eyes, does the job and don't need concealer doing this.

I want more pigment, LOL.  It doesn't hardly show up.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Winamac, I wonder if one of us got a wrong color? Mine is much darker, deeper than what was shown on the models and believe me I put it on as gently as I could, didn't press at all. On me it is almost like a deep maroon purple, odd huh

Trusted Contributor

@Fluke67 I totally agree with you on all points with the blush....funny I saw this post! Thought the same as compared to my other one last year (well not that long ago) but it's softer more sheer. It's okay and looks good.I think a good one for the hand bag so you can touch up w/o looking clown like lol...it's lighter in it's texture. Other was fimer. I like the creaminess of the new better however. I think it's just diff batches perhaps?.I'm keeping it for days I just run out quick...one good thing is I use my finger to apply and it's easier with this new one in the TSV. BB is quite similar..so true! For ex: BB's Powder Pink Pot Rouge to me seems to be a bit deeper then the new one by It...but close. I never cared for the tackiness of BB's Pot Rouge's.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@doglover3 wrote:

Winamac, I wonder if one of us got a wrong color? Mine is much darker, deeper than what was shown on the models and believe me I put it on as gently as I could, didn't press at all. On me it is almost like a deep maroon purple, odd huh

I think it just looks different on different people.  I saw Jane Treacy put it on, and that was how it looked on her.  It was more pink on the models.  

I got the TSV, but I am sending it back.  No coverage for me, but I have a lot of redness.  The blush was okay, and I didn't bother to try the lipstick, since I knew I'd be returning it.  I really wanted it for another double ended brush, but it's not as good of quality as the one I received in a TSV a couple of years ago with the Celebration foundation, which I love over IT CC cream.  If not for the lacking brush quality, I would have kept it and used the CC veil underneath the Celebration foundation.  Has anyone ever seen Jamie apply the CC Veil?  I haven't, and I suspect it's because she doesn't get the coverage she needs with it.  It is advertised as a "veil" after all.

Valued Contributor

@tucsongal, the JNSQ is more of a pure pink and cooler in tone than naturally pretty.  JNSQ reminds me of Bobbi brown's pale pink pot rouge if that helps.  I like the JNSQ color, but I use my fingers to initially dab on my cheek, then blend with a brush.  If I did that with naturally pretty, I'd look like a clown!   When I use the skunk brush that came with the TSV,  I don't get enough color on my cheeks.  Sounds like there may be variations with different batches of this new blush, as experiences on the board have differed.  IMO, JNSQ is a great color for winter when my face needs a bit of a pick up.  

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife, see the reply I just posted to Tucsongal- the colors are different (for some reason I couldn't tag both of you in that response).  If you're looking for a truer pink, the JNSQ will be great.

Respected Contributor

@Eliana wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

I think it just looks different on different people.  I saw Jane Treacy put it on, and that was how it looked on her.  It was more pink on the models.  

I got the TSV, but I am sending it back.  No coverage for me, but I have a lot of redness.  The blush was okay, and I didn't bother to try the lipstick, since I knew I'd be returning it.  I really wanted it for another double ended brush, but it's not as good of quality as the one I received in a TSV a couple of years ago with the Celebration foundation, which I love over IT CC cream.  If not for the lacking brush quality, I would have kept it and used the CC veil underneath the Celebration foundation.  Has anyone ever seen Jamie apply the CC Veil?  I haven't, and I suspect it's because she doesn't get the coverage she needs with it.  It is advertised as a "veil" after all.

Eliana, have you ever tried the Mally defender bb cream foundation in the tube? It is 1.8 ounces, comes with a brush but is $45 which is a lot I think. I don't care for the brush and yes you can get it alone for less money.

This goes on very nice, soft natural look as well and was my go to before getting this IT. This lasts a long time on, gives more coverage but doesn't feel heavy on the face.

I use my Real Techniques expert face brush and just put a tiny drop on the top of the brush than dot around my face than blend in using circular motions till blended, very nice. This runs a little light. I have light medium in this and it is perfect.

If you have an Ulta handy go and try it for yourself, always have testers there.