Valued Contributor

It cc vitality cream blush - formula changed?

[ Edited ]

I received the IT TSV, and when I used the je ne sais quoi blush, I noticed the texture was very different compared to my naturally pretty cc cream blush that I bought last year.  The JNSQ felt "greasier" and was noticeably less pigmented.  The texture of the JNSQ reminded me of a lip/cheek product (like Bobbi brown's pot rouge), whereas my naturally pretty was more cream to powder.  I do love  the JNSQ color, but it needs to be applied with a heavier hand compared to NP, and benefits from having a bit of powder blush layered over it.  

Did is anyone else notice the texture difference?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It cc vitality cream blush - formula changed?

@Fluke67 wrote:

I received the IT TSV, and when I used the je ne sais quoi blush, I noticed the texture was very different compared to my naturally pretty cc cream blush that I bought last year.  The JNSQ felt "greasier" and was noticeably less pigmented.  The texture of the JNSQ reminded me of a lip/cheek product (like Bobbi brown's pot rouge), whereas my naturally pretty was more cream to powder.  I do love  the JNSQ color, but it needs to be applied with a heavier hand compared to NP, and benefits from having a bit of powder blush layered over it.  

Yes, I agree ... I tried the makeup, blush & lipstick today & thought it was all very greasy .... did nothing for my skin .... it actually got into my wrinkles and made them more noticeable .... looked nothing like was shown on the demo .... I will be sending this back!!

Respected Contributor

Being this is my first blush from IT I have none to compare it with but I love this blush on my very dry skin.

Neither the foundation or the blush show up fine lines/wrinkles as so many other foundations and blushes do.

I go easy with any blush but on me this is perfect, both blush and foundation.

I don't use much of either so this will last me a long time.

This blush looks very soft, very natural and like when you had that natural blush as a kid, very nice and very natural, on me anyway.

I don't find anything greasy in this kit, not on me anyway, love it.

I can't wear powder blushes as they will show up lines/wrinkles I didn't even know I had but not this one, love this blush.

I am not overly fond of the lipstick after using everything the second day. If I apply it as I would my other lipsticks it is way too pigmented and looks almost garish on me, sort of deep purple mauve pink, not a nice look on my lighter complexion.

I will use the foundation, blush and brushes but the lipstick I probably won't use much but love the foundation and blush.

Respected Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:

I received the IT TSV, and when I used the je ne sais quoi blush, I noticed the texture was very different compared to my naturally pretty cc cream blush that I bought last year.  The JNSQ felt "greasier" and was noticeably less pigmented.  The texture of the JNSQ reminded me of a lip/cheek product (like Bobbi brown's pot rouge), whereas my naturally pretty was more cream to powder.  I do love  the JNSQ color, but it needs to be applied with a heavier hand compared --to NP, and benefits from having a bit of powder blush layered over it.  

-----------------------

I hate to hear this as I just ordered one from eBay--it was the only thing I was interested in from the TSV.  I really love the first one and had been hoping for a pink version.  Thanks for the heads up, I will lower my expectations, LOL. 

Super Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:

I also have the original creme blush from last year and the recent TSV kit. I noticed the same differences that you mentioned. I prefer the Naturally Pretty compact to the new version.

I'm a huge fan of IT cosmetics but I think I will be returning this kit. The foundation just isn't working for me. I wear Medium in her other foundations. The coverage is way too light.

I hope everyone loves the kit who ordered it.

Honored Contributor

My experience:  The lipstick is very light and natural on me.  I could appy several layers, and it would still look light.

The blush.....I thought I was applying it lightly, but it gave me too much color.  I looked like I had rosacea.

I will try the blush again.....very sparingly!

Honored Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:

@Fluke67...I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered, and since you mention the Creme blush, I too have the Naturally Pretty Creme Blush. Is the new JNSQ color much different or is it similar in color to Naturally Pretty? It was hard to tell in the picture. I was worried they were much the same and am really hoping for a true pink.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

What I discovered with the TSV blush is that the included blush brush picks up quite a bit of product on the bristles, but you don't realy see it on the white brush tips. It looks like you haven't picked up any color, but you have. The tips might look unexpectedly pale, but there's plenty of product on there.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

My experience:  The lipstick is very light and natural on me.  I could appy several layers, and it would still look light.

The blush.....I thought I was applying it lightly, but it gave me too much color.  I looked like I had rosacea.

I will try the blush again.....very sparingly!

september, barely touch the blush brush to the blush than apply lightly. This blush doesn't take much so it is easy to apply too much. If you just barely touch the brush to the blush than apply lightly I think you will like this, I love it. On me it is a very soft natural look,nicer than any other blush I have used but I do have dry skin if that makes a difference.

Respected Contributor

@porcelain wrote:

What I discovered with the TSV blush is that the included blush brush picks up quite a bit of product on the bristles, but you don't realy see it on the white brush tips. It looks like you haven't picked up any color, but you have. The tips might look unexpectedly pale, but there's plenty of product on there.

yes, that's it so you really have to remember to just barely touch the brush to the blush. I didn't see any on the brush but I applied to my face anyway and loved it so very glad I didn't dip back and pick up more color.