Super Contributor

Re: It cc cream and primers?

Both Laura Geller and Urban Decay make sprays meant for oily skin that set your makeup and helps control the oil and shine. I also use an invisible powder meant to blot oil, also by LG or UD. They work well for me.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/20/2014 Angie321 said:

This oily skin of mine has always driven me crazy. People used to always say that it'll keep wrinkles away, but for me it really hasn't. At least I should've gotten that benefit, wouldn't you think?!?!

Katluvr, I read on Makeup Alley people using cornstarch as a setting powder, it gets a very good rating with those peeps--some just absolutely adore it! I do have a tub of it in my cabinet, might have to pull it out and give it a try! I remember years ago using Cornsilk brand face powder, that stuff was the BOMB! For some reason it was discontinued, shed a little tear over that sad news. The consistency of cornstarch is so fine and soft, I can see why it might work. Thanks for the cornstarch endorsement!

I tried using cornstarch on my oily skin recently as it's an ingredient in many finishing powders, but it didn't work for me. Think it just isn't as finely milled as face powders so it was a little "coarse" and didn't go on smoothly enough. But it's worth a try and maybe it will work for you or others.

Contributor

You wonderful ladies have given me lots of really good ideas...that's why I love this board so much{#emotions_dlg.wub}!!

I've tried the cc cream a few different ways (primers, no primers, etc), but it just ends up looking making me too oily. Gosh I wish it would've worked better for me, but for those of you it works for, glad it's working so well!!!

Everybody have a wonderful day!