Respected Contributor

Re: It bugs me to no end on makeup shows

@SandySparkles wrote:

No.🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖All You Need Is Love: The Beatles in Their Own Words : Unpublished, Unvarnished, and Told by The Beatles and Their Inner Circle (Hardcover)

Valued Contributor

Remember the days when Stacey Schieffelin would come on at the start of her show with no makeup on and her hair in curlers. Then she would proceed to demonstrate applying the products and end the show with a totally finished look. Now that was truly a makeup tutorial. And she did this both on QVC and HSN.

Honored Contributor

Most of the makeup demonstrations I've seen, the models already have a full face of makeup.  They then "pretend" to be adding more.  Doesn't bother me.  Just seems stupid.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

I've never noticed this- so does this mean that when the models are putting on makeup, they're really pretending? I'm going to be on the look out for this now! 

Yes, that's exactly what it means.  Look at the makeup brushes - they're clean. I'm not saying it's every time.  There are times when people really are applying.  My observation anyway.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  Thank you for the explanation- that is so interesting! Maybe they're worried that the models wouldn't apply their makeup as well as a professional makeup artist? I can't believe that I've been watching QVC for years and years and I have never noticed this Smiley Very Happy.

Honored Contributor

Models' makeup is most likely applied by someone else like maybe a makeup artist and then the models just do the motions of applying it themselves just for demonstration purposes on air.

Respected Contributor

@PansyBoo wrote:

Remember the days when Stacey Schieffelin would come on at the start of her show with no makeup on and her hair in curlers. Then she would proceed to demonstrate applying the products and end the show with a totally finished look. Now that was truly a makeup tutorial. And she did this both on QVC and HSN.

@PansyBoo  I loved it when she'd put on her makeup live on HSN and QVC! She's a lot of fun Smiley Happy.  

Respected Contributor

I turn off QVC when they start showing all those horrible pictures of women with side profiles of sagging skin or crepe skin! AWFUL!! Desperate sales tacticsSmiley Sad(((((

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now please do not get upset with me bringing up Calista??  The vendor is a beutician and knows how to work her brushes but I would want to see how their models use them especially toward the back of the head.  I still use my curling iron and then scrunge to shape.  

Honored Contributor

I'd prefer makeup demonstrated on a clean face by the model or vendor. I guess there's a point where they have enough makeup on and adding more would make it look clownish so they could switch to a clean brush. 

Honored Contributor

@PansyBoo wrote:

@PansyBoo 

Wow.   I've never seen or even heard of this woman, but this was sure was a very long time ago. 

How do I know it's very old?  Easy ... the product being promoted is a measly eighteen dollars.  

Can you imagine shows today spending time on any product selling for eighteen smackeroos?  LOL