Respected Contributor

Re: It Creme Luminizer - does anyone use it?

On 4/27/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I have both, the cream and the powder. I like them both. My reasoning for having both is to use the cream more in the winter and the powdered in the warmer months. I find that the brush that comes with the cream one is good for getting into the inner corner of the eye. I don't wash my brushes after every use so the only thing I don't like with the cream is that the brush collects the product and it continues to build up. I just wonder about that creating an environment for bacteria to grow and then per chance get introduced into the eye with a subsequent use. I suppose using wipes after each use could help with that, but I don't think a wipe would remove everything completely.

I'm cleaning my stippling brush after each cream blush use now with MAC cleaner. Easy to do. ELF also makes a similar one in a spray but I've had a hard time finding it at Target lately. It's very watery. I just pour a little in the palm of my hand, swish the brush around and remove the excess with a tissue. It dries rapidly so I. Sure there is alcohol in it. I have a clean brush ready for next use and it only takes about 30 seconds.
Honored Contributor

On 4/27/2014 BellaCarro said:

I have both, the cream and the powder. I like them both. My reasoning for having both is to use the cream more in the winter and the powdered in the warmer months. I find that the brush that comes with the cream one is good for getting into the inner corner of the eye. I don't wash my brushes after every use so the only thing I don't like with the cream is that the brush collects the product and it continues to build up. I just wonder about that creating an environment for bacteria to grow and then per chance get introduced into the eye with a subsequent use. I suppose using wipes after each use could help with that, but I don't think a wipe would remove everything completely.

I'm cleaning my stippling brush after each cream blush use now with MAC cleaner. Easy to do. ELF also makes a similar one in a spray but I've had a hard time finding it at Target lately. It's very watery. I just pour a little in the palm of my hand, swish the brush around and remove the excess with a tissue. It dries rapidly so I. Sure there is alcohol in it. I have a clean brush ready for next use and it only takes about 30 seconds.

Good to know. Thanks. An alcohol type product would be the best for quick drying. Do you find that it dries out the bristles at all?

Trusted Contributor

I bought Cliniques' brand & didn't care for it. So...should I buy IT?
Respected Contributor

I love this stuff, and this is an awesome deal, so I put it on wait list. I love their brushes, too!
Trusted Contributor

On 4/27/2014 ritasNo1Fan said: I bought Cliniques' brand & didn't care for it. So...should I buy IT?

Do you have an Ulta? They carry the creme luminizer. You could try it first. I love it. I also have the loose powder highlighter. It is nice, but the creme is better. I have demoted the powder to my shoulders.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

Regarding cleaning these brushes, alcohol shouldn't hurt them at all if they're synthetic. I'm sort of lazy, so I usually just take a tissue and wipe off excess blush or whatever and then put a little rubbing alcohol on the tissue and wipe it over the bristles.

I would not use alcohol on "natural" brushes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I use YBF on HSN. It's a great luminizer. They use to be on the Q as Models Prefer.
Respected Contributor

Good to know. Thanks. An alcohol type product would be the best for quick drying. Do you find that it dries out the bristles at all?

No, not at all but they are synthetic. As SuzyQ3 noted, shouldn't be an issue.
Respected Contributor

On 4/27/2014 FUTURE said: I love this stuff, and this is an awesome deal, so I put it on wait list. I love their brushes, too!
Future, page me if you don't wind up getting it. I'm sure I'll never go through two. I'd be willing to work something out with you so you can have one, too.
Respected Contributor

On 4/27/2014 FUTURE said: I love this stuff, and this is an awesome deal, so I put it on wait list. I love their brushes, too!
Future, page me if you don't wind up getting it. I'm sure I'll never go through two. I'd be willing to work something out with you so you can have one, too.
Sounds great. Thanks!