Respected Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics snail slime is correct

Nail slime doesn't bother me using it on my face if it really works.

What bothers me is ingesting eggs, beef or pork. Eggs the absolute worst.

Respected Contributor

On 1/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 1/9/2015 Funloving said:
On 1/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Just an FYI about this placenta deal. Yes, it's been rather trendy. But what most women are doing is eating the placenta after it has bee made into pill form, not the actual placenta itself. Whether there is any science behind this, I have no clue.

Thanks for that information suzyQ3. I really had no idea. This, at least by my perception, is a trendy ritual for some more high-profile celebrities. Again, only my perception which may not be accurate. However, I wondered how it was made palatable enough to be acceptable. This certainly answers that question.

Thank you. I have no clue why anyone would take exception to my posting on this thread. Old grudges, I guess.

I knew a lady many years ago that had her baby at home.

She then had her husband take the placenta and place it at the base of a newly planted tree in honor of their new daughter. She said the protein would make it grow faster.

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2015 mstyrion 1 said:
On 1/10/2015 Pie1993 said:
On 1/9/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 1/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:

From the wiki page on placentophagy:

Although the placenta is revered in many cultures, there is scarce evidence that any customarily eat the placenta after the newborn's birth.<sup id="cite_ref-Cultural_4-0" class="reference">[4]</sup>

Do you really need to have the last word on EVERYTHING? My gosh! I think the women here are perfectly capable of looking things up for themselves, and may come to a different conclusion. Furthermore, wikepedia is hardly a good resource. High school teachers and college professors will not accept it as a source on research papers.

Thanks Suzy Q - I am so happy you 'have the last word on EVERYTHING' ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

whodathunkit?

Providing information is a cause for snark. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Proof positive that old grudges never die...

They just go to Beauty Banter! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I know, I hate when people have additional information to add to a conversation- how dare them!!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2015 couldnotcareless said:

NOW I KNOW WHY MEN ROLL THEIR EYES AT WOMEN.......THEY CAN'T STICK TO THE SUBJECT. WHAT DOES PLACENTA OR COWS MILK (THAT I DO NOT DRINK) HAVE TO DO WITH WHAT I PUT ON MY LARGEST ORGAN TO BE ABSORBED? I FIND THE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY BY THE COMPANY ALARMING AND THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW......APPARENTLY I WAS INCORRECT. I, FOR ONE, AM TIRED OF BEING TOLD HOW PURE A PRODUCT IS WHILE THEY SERVE ME SNAIL SLIME AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Lack of transparency? Doesn't it specifically say snail slime in either the ingredients or the description?

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 BellaCarro said:
On 1/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 1/9/2015 BellaCarro said:
On 1/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:

The source for that statement was from a research paper published in 2010, a cross-cultural survey of 179 human societies:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21888574

Umm, could you please be more specific? Smiley Happy

I've missed your smiling words, BC. I think of you often and always hope that you and yours are doing well. Happy New Year, bud.

Ah, thanks. I've thought of you too. I've spent the past two months or so making lotion, lotion, lotion, emulsified body scrubs, lip balms, etc. I'm becoming quite the little chemist. Even have a beaker set and Erlenmeyer flask. My kids say it looks like a ____ lab. Someplace you'd find Mr. White. I've turned space in the laundry room into storage for ingredients ranging from allantoin to willow bark extract. I would love for you to try some. After my first attempt was a complete flop I was determined to succeed. Things are turning out consistently very, very good now. I promise it won't harm you.

That is very, very cool, BC.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Holy shiite, batman, what's next, guano?

Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2015 Sweet Susie said:
On 1/10/2015 couldnotcareless said:

NOW I KNOW WHY MEN ROLL THEIR EYES AT WOMEN.......THEY CAN'T STICK TO THE SUBJECT. WHAT DOES PLACENTA OR COWS MILK (THAT I DO NOT DRINK) HAVE TO DO WITH WHAT I PUT ON MY LARGEST ORGAN TO BE ABSORBED? I FIND THE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY BY THE COMPANY ALARMING AND THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW......APPARENTLY I WAS INCORRECT. I, FOR ONE, AM TIRED OF BEING TOLD HOW PURE A PRODUCT IS WHILE THEY SERVE ME SNAIL SLIME AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Then I think you need to make the effort to become an 'ingredient detective' and research the ingredients in a product before purchasing it. Yes, this takes more effort than just listening to a presentation on TV in your easy chair but any search engine like Google makes this process easy and quick.

I took a look at the ingredient list for the IT CC cream and snail secretion filtrate is clearly listed as the second ingredient of the Inactive Ingredients. I don't see a 'lack of transparency' for this product regarding snail slime.

Stop being lazy and believing everything a vendor says about a product, research the product yourself and decide whether it is a good product to incorporate into your life. Then you won't feel that you've been take advantage of.

Thank you for posting this. It was accurate & concise. Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

No way, no how, not ever would I put snail slime on me.

Esteemed Contributor

So where do they get hyaluronic acid?

while I'm asking where does glucosamine come from?

these are honest questions I'm asking because I don't know

Respected Contributor

A manufacturer I worked with had 55 gallon drums of rooster combs to make hyaluronic acid.