Trusted Contributor

It Cosmetics show this morning.

I could not listen for the entire hour... Vendor Jamie keeps using  YEA YEA instead of just YES.... and RIGHT? RIGHT? using UP TALK....  If you are not on TV or speaking to a large group of people, this may not be an issue... but vendors and hosts are there to speak to everyone for long periods of time as their job and should work on speaking well.

If Hosts and vendors would only listen to themselves on tape after a show, they could work on correcting such poor use of language over and over again.  Jamie is  not alone in this and most of the hosts could improve as well. 

It seems like a small thing... and yes the consumer can tune it out by changing the channel... I know that.  That is a given. But, it does not improve the presentations.

Honored Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics show this morning.

Well, I wanna have some "fun"..............not listen to a lecture or speech (!!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

I am with you June22, I was thinking the same thing. I really like Jaime But stop with the Yea Yea!! YES I changed the channel!!

Respected Contributor

I enjoy Jamie and all her presentations of iT Cosmetics! Why is it in today's world everything has to be "politically correct"!? Jamie is an amazing woman and has do very well in her life! Women should embrace her and look up to her as an example of what one can do with their life.......🌻
Honored Contributor

I don't see how supposed political correctness relates to this topic, and I also don't ever plan on supporting women just because they're women.

That said, I've noticed that this OP skews toward the negative. I try more just to take deep breaths and move on when when annoyed by trivial things. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Can no longer watch IT shows - same words over and over - and the pitch of her little girl voice.  Somebody posted her sayings are like a script - same same same.  I bought a couple of items a while back - but nothing was earth-shaking.  Find same or better at cosmetic dept at drug store.

Save $$$$$$$

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

Can no longer watch IT shows - same words over and over - and the pitch of her little girl voice.  Somebody posted her sayings are like a script - same same same.  I bought a couple of items a while back - but nothing was earth-shaking.  Find same or better at cosmetic dept at drug store.

Save $$$$$$$

ITA! Way over rated. I have tried just about everything they make  and I use none of it anymore.  When Jamie has on the older model with short hair I just shudder when she says "71 years young and drop dead gorgeous".  The model  is 71, looks 71, but is far from drop dead gorgeous. Few people are.... She is an attractive lady.  To repeat the phase every show just gets old.

Respected Contributor

Over and over and over again: Jamie, Mally, Laura after awhile they all repeat themselves!!!! iT Cosmetics, Mally, Laura Geller, Tarte, Philosophy, Doll 10, to name a few all repeat when selling their product lines! (Let's not forget Chaz and Wen, speaking of over and over again!) 😳😁😩😱
Respected Contributor

I have never purchased any of her products,but I do watch beauty show just to learn new techniques...I am happy with my 100% pure brand  (it's vegan)     

I find Jamie hard to watch tho, her drop dead gorgeous 72 years young is ridiculous!

Esteemed Contributor

I think vendors who have a successful spiel tend to repeat the same things over and over again no matter what the product is. She says the same thing about every foundation -- how it covers dark circles, and uses herself or the models who have melasma or rosacea. Jaime must practically have to live near QVC because she's on air nearly every week including yesterday. I think her line has vauted to the top selling color cosmetic line on QVC. 

But she can't be in two places at once so her assistants are in Canada selling her makeup this weekend. I've noticed how repetitive the presentations are in Canada too and a 25% price increase in Canada on most of the line. I only like the CC cream and I have tried most of her line over 6 years that this line has been in Canada but find it just Ok.