Respected Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics show this morning.

Hello, june22. Smiley Happy

Jamie is just probably comfortable talking like that. I doubt she's trying to be unprofessional or anything. As long as good details are given about the products, that's what really counts, in my opinion.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Holly Moses you people must be perfect!!!! ..... LR repeated the same thing over and over & you all loved her .... I like Jamie & I use her products which work well for me .. everybody including you & me say things that others would frown on ... if something like the way a QVC vendor speaks then I suggest you change the channel & get a life... there are so many more important things to worry about.

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

It would be nice to see these vendors that are on so much, use someone else to present their product for awhile. Anyone that watches more than rarely gets sick of the same 'ole thing. I agree, this is one I don't watch anymore.  Click 

oh no, that would open up a whole new can of worms. Then people will complain that the vendor thinks they are too good to show up now (people say this about Dr. Perricone all the time) or they will say they no longer enjoy the shows when Jamie isn't on (they say this all the time with Bare minerals,  WEN, and Tarte).

The fact is, the vendors can't win. They will never please all viewers. It is just a fact and I am sure they are fully aware of that fact, sadly.

Valued Contributor

I have no issue with her speech, but why so many shows lately?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are so right, @HappyDaze!!  They just can't win sometimes. Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

I really like the iT cosmetic line, but when Jamie is on I either mute the TV or change channels. For me, her incessant use of "um" is annoying. I do like the other iT representative and buy when she is on if there is something I am interested in. Jamie should step away from the microphone. She rarely manages more than 3 sentences without a dozen "ums".

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

@QVCPhobe wrote:

I have no issue with her speech, but why so many shows lately?

My first reaction when I read the post title was "Sheesh, another one?"

Honored Contributor

@Cat Lover Dogs too wrote:

I really like the iT cosmetic line, but when Jamie is on I either mute the TV or change channels. For me, her incessant use of "um" is annoying. I do like the other iT representative and buy when she is on if there is something I am interested in. Jamie should step away from the microphone. She rarely manages more than 3 sentences without a dozen "ums".

First off I will say I am an IT JUNKIE, but generally shop QVC.com rather than watch her shows.  If there is one word that makes me cringe is "um" regardless of who says it. I hear it from co-workers all the time. I guess it's a habit for some when they are not sure what to say and 'um' is an attempt to collect one's thoughts. I'd rather hear silence myself.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.