Regular Contributor

It Cosmetics pretty in fall eyeshadow trio

I used the light color as an all over the eye color. The first eye was fine but the second was awful. The medium purple got mixed in with the light even though the brush was pressed on the light. I tried to fix the situation, but it still looked bad. My guess is small "flakes" of the purple got on the fluffy brush. I thought these shadows were more creamy and pressed so this wouldn't  happen. They shouldn't be so close together. I consider the product defective but I'm unsure QVC will concur. If not, when returning it could cost me the shipping of $3.00 plus the QVC return label of $6.95. Is this happening to others? or is mine defective? 

I wont be purchasing anymore beauty products from QVC. The trial can cost $9.95. 

Honored Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics pretty in fall eyeshadow trio

@Sweetpea70 wrote:

I used the light color as an all over the eye color. The first eye was fine but the second was awful. The medium purple got mixed in with the light even though the brush was pressed on the light. I tried to fix the situation, but it still looked bad. My guess is small "flakes" of the purple got on the fluffy brush. I thought these shadows were more creamy and pressed so this wouldn't  happen. They shouldn't be so close together. I consider the product defective but I'm unsure QVC will concur. If not, when returning it could cost me the shipping of $3.00 plus the QVC return label of $6.95. Is this happening to others? or is mine defective? 

I wont be purchasing anymore beauty products from QVC. The trial can cost $9.95. 

I would just call and tell them that your product is defective and that you want it noted in your account so that you are not charged for return shipping. Tell them that the shadows are not usable because of the texture and the way the shadows are not separated enough.

I rarely buy from QVC and haven't since they stopped refunding the original shipping costs, so I have no idea whether you recoup that if the item is defective. I think you should, but I'm not in charge. At the least, though, you should not have to pay return shipping.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I rarely buy from QVC and haven't since they stopped refunding the original shipping costs, so I have no idea whether you recoup that if the item is defective. I think you should, but I'm not in charge. At the least, though, you should not have to pay return shipping.

Thanks SuzyQ. I am going to handle the return the way you suggested. 

I haven't been buying from QVC either but couldn't remember why. Now I think my decision was based on them not refunding original shipping costs. Thanks for the reminder. I'm aggravated again thinking about it. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweetpea70 wrote:

Thanks SuzyQ. I am going to handle the return the way you suggested. 

I haven't been buying from QVC either but couldn't remember why. Now I think my decision was based on them not refunding original shipping costs. Thanks for the reminder. I'm aggravated again thinking about it. 

I hope it works out for you, Beachluvr.

I should clarify that when I said that I haven't made any purchases since QVC stopped refunding original shippin costs, I didn't mean to imply that that change in policy had anything to do with my not having made any purchases after that point. QVC was virtually the only site, other than HSN, that refunded original shipping costs, so I'm used to not recouping that money. I just don't usually want or need anything from QVC that I can't find elsewhere either at a lower price or locally where I can return it easily if need be.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland