Valued Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics TSV African American women shut out again

I find it odd IT Cosmetics makes more eyebrow color choices than skin tone choices. They really need to not only add some darker variety, but when you order light at QVC, you get it home and it says light/medium. They should add more choices for everyone. I don't want to mix my own daily. 

Honored Contributor

@SavvyChic wrote:

I find it odd IT Cosmetics makes more eyebrow color choices than skin tone choices. They really need to not only add some darker variety, but when you order light at QVC, you get it home and it says light/medium. They should add more choices for everyone. I don't want to mix my own daily. 

@IMissSuperPoke

Good point!

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

Why is IT Cosmetics always that one being called out here? QVC sells many other brands with foundations that CLAIM to work for all shades, but they don't. Yet, I don't see the constant bashing of them the way I see IT.

There is no brand on QVC that offers me a match; NOT ONE. I am not going to hold my breath because I seriously doubt they every will. Why? More money making the "basic" shades that cover the majority of shades. The very dark, the very pale.... we don't have enough in our camp to make it profitable.

I'll go further and say that there is NO cosmetic company that makes a shade for me. Nope. Not HE nor DS. To dump on IT Cosmetics is pretty cr@py if you're not going to drag ALL the other companies into the fray. Do THEY make shades dark enough for those unhappy with IT?

If not, where are THOSE threads?

Perhaps because IT Cosmetics just had a TSV.  I don't think there's any grand conspiracy about the question!

If you wish, I can name all the foundations that didn't work for me other than IT Cosmetics.  They were but one of the many yellows that don't work for my skintone.

Hyacinth

Occasional Contributor

I actually emailed IT customer service the other day and asked if they ever plan to increase the shade range. I'm on the other end of the spectrum--Fair is too light for me, but Light is too yellowish. I got a very quick response:

Thanks so much for being an IT Girl! We are thrilled to say that we are working on new shades so that every IT Girl has their perfect match! At the moment we are unsure of when exactly they are launching but stay tuned for it! If you have any further questions please feel free to reach back out to us.

I know it says they are unsure of "when" they will be launched, but it does give me hope!

Valued Contributor

I hope that IT listens to their potential customers. I tried the IT CC cream and the only color that works still doesn't look right on me.  However, in the process of trying it out I found that it breaks me out.  I loved the CC cream while I could use it.

Respected Contributor

@Kara K wrote:

I actually emailed IT customer service the other day and asked if they ever plan to increase the shade range. I'm on the other end of the spectrum--Fair is too light for me, but Light is too yellowish. I got a very quick response:

Thanks so much for being an IT Girl! We are thrilled to say that we are working on new shades so that every IT Girl has their perfect match! At the moment we are unsure of when exactly they are launching but stay tuned for it! If you have any further questions please feel free to reach back out to us.

I know it says they are unsure of "when" they will be launched, but it does give me hope!

I think it takes a lot of time and money to develop foundation shades. I have not been involved in the process, but have watch Marlena, Makeup Geek talk about the  process of creating a makeup brand and testing shades. She has been in business a few years and yet relased her foundation.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, absolutely! I also follow Marlena, and she has done a great job of showing us the whole process. I don't expect new shades overnight, that's for sure. I'm just glad they're listening to their customers (or potential customers) and expanding the shade range. 

Contributor

Oh good thank you for letting me know.  I was not trying to stir a negative pot just asking that we all have choices.  That's all.

Contributor

I agree it is impossible to have shades for everyone but I believe to be fair you must make a strong effort to please the entire demographic market and not just one segment.

Just want what's fair for all.