New Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics TSV African American women shut out again

The Q carries Eve Pearl. They have 6 shades. Including a Dark and Deep. The Deep will work for Naomi Cambell and Ade (QVC model).

Honored Contributor

Speaking of the dark skinned model Ade, her skin is FLAWLESS!  No imperfections what-so-ever!

When the cam does closeups on her face, arms & legs, her skin looks like she just came out of her mama's womb (after being washed off of course Smiley Very Happy ). 532149.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Frankly, it looks like her foundation colors are too yellowish for most people, light or dark skin............(maybe it's my TV)

@Desertdi,  I have an olive tan skin tone and the tan is too pink for me.

Occasional Visitor

PORCELAIN BEAUTYS shut out again (seems to sound as silly as the similar statement)No one is "shut out."Fair skin women have to mix colors at times to perfectly match.There are also MANY MANY lines that carry colors ONLY for dark skin women that seem very nice.

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Oh good grief, I am a medium and do you know how hard it is for me to find the right shade of makeup on QVC??? Medium is not medium is not medium......

It's a volume game. Whatever will sell the most.

If you have a special color need TV shopping is maybe not the best outlet. I found that out after trying many lines on the air. Many returns later, I now go to the B&M stores for foundation.

@Jacie

I am also a Medium (with pink undertones) and there is no shade of IT that will work for me, either.   They are all YELLOW base .... just try to imagine how yellowish foundation looks on a pinkish complexion.

I finally wised up and went with mineral powder foundations .... and I mix my own colors ... a bit darker in the summer months and a bit lighter in the winter months.   This is the ONLY way for me to get the right shade.   

Honored Contributor

@bbydol wrote:
They keep talking about Oprah and this product. None of those shades would match Oprah's skin color. So unfair. 6 shades in the TSV. One shade for African American women. We live in a multi-cultural society QVC. Your products need to represent everyone.

@bbydol

I hope you also place this comment in the Suggestion Box section .... you make a very good point.

Frequent Contributor

This is the reason that her TSV's are an easy pass for me. Thankfully, there are other options in the market place. Jay Manuel at HSN offers s great range of foundation colors. From QVC, I prefer Laura Geller.
Super Contributor

I think the point that quite a lot of you are completely missing is that Jamie isn't even trying to be inclusive of darker-skinned women. Caucasian women are given 4 options from Fair to Tan. I am a true light-medium so I would have to mix light and medium, but what option does an African-American woman have? What color should she mix deep with to try and match her skin tone? It is absolutely ridiculous to assume that one shade will cover all women who have skin tones darker than Tan. 

Quite frankly I thought the product looked terrible on all the models. It looked greasy and made everyone's pores look huge. I also think the tone was much too yellow for most people. However, at least Jamie is making an attempt to include as many caucasian skin tones as possible with her 4 options...she just isn't doing a very good job of it. She seems like a lovely, sincere woman who wants to provide women with quality products but she needs to expand her shade ranges, period.

Frequent Contributor

I hear you. None of the shades work for me either. I am a white woman who needs a shade between ivory and light in a neutral tone. I also have narrow feet, too bad for me most of the time. 

Contributor

My daughter talks about this all the time. She ended up buying Becca costmetics. I buy Lancome wich has about 30 to 40 shades for all women and I love the foundation. I used Bare Minerals before. Lancome offers me the coverage I need without settleing in the fine lines and wrinkles. It cost a little more but to me it is worth it.