Honored Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics TSV African American women shut out again

@SilleeMee

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't think it's a discrimination issue either. It's lack of choices. Why does a product get chosen to be a TSV when it can only be purchased by a select group of individuals?? Same goes for shoes  without wide widths or clothes without petites or talls.

The TSV is for a select group of people.  The TSV on a person of color makes them look ashy, pasty and/or a corpse lying in a casket.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

I want to be part of any group in terms of being able to have an appropriate choice of makeup. I want an opportunity like anyone else.
Respected Contributor

Oh good grief, I am a medium and do you know how hard it is for me to find the right shade of makeup on QVC??? Medium is not medium is not medium......

It's a volume game. Whatever will sell the most.

If you have a special color need TV shopping is maybe not the best outlet. I found that out after trying many lines on the air. Many returns later, I now go to the B&M stores for foundation.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Is the Doll 10 gel foundation dark enough? The only reason I mention it, I no longer like It foundation. I found Doll 10 went on flawlessly, felt like I had nothing on my skin yet provided great coverage. 

I agree with you all, it's ridiculous not to have all shades and not have a woman of color model! How can you buy any product without seeing it on your proper skin tone. 

Q, something must be done and it's been a topic many times. 

Contributor

It can be done but you have to care about your audience. It's been 30 years. Makeup is over $1 billion a year in revenues. It can be done.
Honored Contributor

Frankly, it looks like her foundation colors are too yellowish for most people, light or dark skin............(maybe it's my TV)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Frankly, it looks like her foundation colors are too yellowish for most people, light or dark skin............(maybe it's my TV)

@Desertdi,

LOL!Woman LOL Do not attempt to adjust your set. They are in control. They can make you buy things you will never use or ever wear. They have control over how many you buy and how much youWoman LOL spend.LOL!.....kidding you know.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

The only vendor selling makeup on QVC with a range of shades that would match many women that are within the skin color range of models from Stacy (African American) to Ade (African American) is Bobbi Brown. BB's colors range from Cool Beige to Espresso (14 shades). Try Nordies and get free shipping.  Then, you could also use the makeup line that was specifically created for Black women and that remains available, Fashion Fair.  Their colors also range from Honey to Pure Brown. My mother, sister, and I use Fashion Fair; my mother and sister exclusively. I also use Bobbi Brown and NARS.

Respected Contributor

Not every line of any product works for all people. I'm glad that there are a lot of different places to buy products, besides QVC. I like to shop on QVC. I buy some makeup from QVC, but I shop for makeup a lot of different places. I have fair skin & it is hard to match. I rarely find a color that matches me, without mixing 2 colors. I manage to buy a lot of makeup even with this difficulty.

Trusted Contributor

Tan doubles as a warm medium, so why not call it "warm medium", and offer an actual tan shade or a medium deep shade. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️