Contributor

It Cosmetics TSV African American women shut out again

They keep talking about Oprah and this product. None of those shades would match Oprah's skin color. So unfair. 6 shades in the TSV. One shade for African American women. We live in a multi-cultural society QVC. Your products need to represent everyone.
Honored Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics TSV African American women shut out again

Yes, ITA!  My skin does not match ANY of the shades in the IT TSV.  My color is somewhere in between the darkest and the next one up. So disappointing. They really need to expand their choices.

Regular Contributor

I think most cosmetic chains now have all shades, I don't think she means to discriminate.

Contributor

I've been shopping with QVC since 1988 and times have changed. There are multiple skin colors in society. QVC must address the makeup needs of all women. They must begin to care.
Contributor

My comment is not about race. My comment is about addressing the makeup needs of all shades of women.
Honored Contributor

I don't think it's a discrimination issue either. It's lack of choices. Why does a product get chosen to be a TSV when it can only be purchased by a select group of individuals?? Same goes for shoes  without wide widths or clothes without petites or talls.

Honored Contributor

QVC needs to hire women of color cosmetic vendors/manufacturers who "represent!"

Iman's cosmtics cover all spectrums of "women of color" skin shades & tones.  Was she ever on QVC w/her products?

Mally is Filipino so she gets a pass. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

The TSV shades are appropriate for most people, I'd say.  I think they probably do need a darker shade.  

Contributor

I'm just asking that we all be given an opportunity to purchase makeup that will match all of our skin tones. Just an opportunity. I believe that to be a fair request.
Contributor

Why must all darker complexions be lumped into 1 shade--deep?