Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I only watched for a minute or so, but saw Desiree presenting IT with Colleen Lopez.  Seemed Desiree spoke a lot slower whcih was good.  She had a hard time getting a word in with Colleen.  I don't like the "crossovers."  

I think it's a good business move.  Not everyone can get QVC and HSN.  In some areas, viewers can only get one or the other, but not both.

Esteemed Contributor

The thing that bothered me is that the special doesn't seem that special to me.  Usually the specials are IMO incredible deals.  I shop a lot because I like the products and the value.  If the values go down, they may lose me...

Trusted Contributor

I don't see what everone is getting so up in arms over same products being sold on HSN.  IT cosmetics is also sold in major beauty stores and department stores.  Just because a brand sells their product in more than one venue means nothing.

Respected Contributor

There is no longer anything unique being sold on these shopping channels, so I don't see any problems with the duplication.  Like someone pointed out, not everyone gets both channels, so the additional exposure is a good thing.

Honored Contributor

Does QVC think we don't know about HSN? I like each station to have brands exclusive to them, don't like the crossing over. Why do I need to buy IT Cosmetics from HSN when I'm perfectly happy purchasing the line at QVC?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does QVC think we don't know about HSN? I like each station to have brands exclusive to them, don't like the crossing over. Why do I need to buy IT Cosmetics from HSN when I'm perfectly happy purchasing the line at QVC?

ITA, it was much more interesting when a product was carried on one network and only one network, this is like watching a TV rerun, boring.

Esteemed Contributor

My speculation is that over the next year we will see many of the more popular (and best selling brands) cross sold by HSN and QVC.  The national name brands would have to love this additional air time.  Not only because of the not everyone receives both channels in their area, but from a marketing and promotion angle, there's no such thing as overexposure in the effort to generate sales.  The more people you reach, a higher sales volume can be expected.  

Trusted Contributor

I typed It Cosmetics into their search box to see what else they're selling and I see two products at a lower price than qvc. Talking about the bye bye under eye cream and the confidence in a cream.   If they had them on auto delivery I'd sign up but I get both these anyway from Ulta minus the shipping cost and minus unpredictable delivery.  The bye bye eye cream is nice and a little goes a long way in fact have used it on my entire face when I accidientally took too much.  If the jar was larger that would be great.  Who cares that it's blue for the rest of the face when it's really a feel good cream on the skin and definitely is nicer than bye bye lines or even confidence in a cream for that matter.  If it came in a gallon tub I'd buy it.   

Honored Contributor

Well at least they get a nice plane trip to beautiful sunny Florida for a few days.

Valued Contributor

Andrew Lessman was scheduled for the Beauty IQ channel last month. On FB he posted the shows were cancelled because he was in California and couldn't make it to a studio for his presentations.