Super Contributor

It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Matte Shadow Palette -- have you tried it?

Is it her version of Paula's uber popular Natural Palette? I'm a little more drawn to this (even though Wayne Goss advised on and loves Paula's) because there are some rosier shades which I like to kind of soften the look of the neutrals (if that makes sense).

Any feedback on this? Anyone happen to have both and can compare? Or am I asking about apples and oranges?

Thanks for any guidance!

Respected Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Matte Shadow Palette -- have you tried it?

I saw it at Ulta and it looks very pretty. Have a friend that told me she bought it and loves it, but I can't say from experience. I rarely wear shadows so even though they are pretty I try hard not to cave!

Regular Contributor

I got this several months ago and I love it! The colors apply very nicely, they have all day staying power and I love the range of colors. I ordered from the IT website with a discount and free shipping. It didn't come with the brush but I did end up getting a great deal anyway.

Super Contributor

I tried this and didn't have a good experience. The shadows either weren't very pigmented or were too pigmented, and the transforming pearl for me did not work, it made the shadow only slightly pearlized but didn't last, and made the color lighter on the lid. I was really disappointed in it because it looks so pretty. I have heard of some who love it though, so I'm only speaking in my experience.

Super Contributor

Maren, I don't have this but I have the It Pretty In Nudes palette, and it's useless. It's got great reviews, and I like the brush, but it is impossible to get any pigment. I've already made dents in each color trying to pick up the product, and I've only worn it a few times. I know it's supposed to be a "no makeup makeup" look, but I have Mally shadows in similar nude shades that cover beautifully.

Super Contributor

Thank you, everybody! When Jamie just swatched some on her hand (before she added the pearl to half of it) the finish was beautiful. As Lisa said, almost a satin. I'd add velvety (on my screen, anyway).

Interesting about Paula's Palette, Krissie, but I know exactly what you mean. I searched high and low for a LM shadow that everybody seemed to love. When I finally found and got it, when I applied it I was like "where IS it?". Disappointing, huh?

I got a Mally's kit years and years ago and really liked the shadows. I have no idea why I've not gotten any since. I should see if I still have it and see if I already have some shades I think I must currently buy!

Thanks again, all!!

Super Contributor

Yes, VERY disappointing! I've been migrating back to my huge Mally stash and have realized I like her powder shadows best of any I have used. The have good pigment, blend well, no fallout out, and they last. I always get drawn in to something new thinking it will be better, but it rarely is.

Super Contributor

I really like Mally's powder shadows too. I've been using the City Chick palettes in Brownstone and Plum Chelsea almost every day. I love that they come with the shadow base too.

Regular Contributor

Hi, I finally broke down and bought this palette from Ulta when I had the20% off coupon. I wanted an all matte palette. I didn't get the brush, at Ulta it is sold without it. I am not wild about the packaging, as compared to my Naked palette, I think it feels a tad "cheap" and the light color on the outside will be hard to keep clean and stain free, plus I wouldn't want to carry in my purse or travel with it.

I wasn't too sure about the colors (this is common for me with new palettes though) I wasn't sure how they would work for me, but after playing with different combos I have really grown to enjoy these shadows. It has a large range of unusual color combos all in one, many different looks can be created. I agree that some colors seem to lack pigment, and don't show up well on me, others have great pigment, and have a bit of a learning curve. They are not dry looking and do blend well. I haven't tried them wet yet, but think the lighter colors may show up better wet.

TBH, I planned to make the Lorac pro palette my next purchase, but as always Ulta never has this one, so I settled on IT. I am happy I did. I haven't really used the pearl. Qvc had a GREAT deal on this tonight, AND included the brush, I think it is at Ulta for over $50.00. I am happy for those that got it today!

Super Contributor

On 4/26/2014 sonnysky said:

Hi, I finally broke down and bought this palette from Ulta when I had the20% off coupon. I wanted an all matte palette. I didn't get the brush, at Ulta it is sold without it. I am not wild about the packaging, as compared to my Naked palette, I think it feels a tad "cheap" and the light color on the outside will be hard to keep clean and stain free, plus I wouldn't want to carry in my purse or travel with it.

I wasn't too sure about the colors (this is common for me with new palettes though) I wasn't sure how they would work for me, but after playing with different combos I have really grown to enjoy these shadows. It has a large range of unusual color combos all in one, many different looks can be created. I agree that some colors seem to lack pigment, and don't show up well on me, others have great pigment, and have a bit of a learning curve. They are not dry looking and do blend well. I haven't tried them wet yet, but think the lighter colors may show up better wet.

TBH, I planned to make the Lorac pro palette my next purchase, but as always Ulta never has this one, so I settled on IT. I am happy I did. I haven't really used the pearl. Qvc had a GREAT deal on this tonight, AND included the brush, I think it is at Ulta for over $50.00. I am happy for those that got it today!

Thanks for your review! I think I NEED a palette because it's too easy to get into a rut and use the same colors for years. I know when I watch a demo and they use a color I think I never would, I always think "hey -- that actually looks really nice!". You're smart to play with the colors -- think of all the new possibilities. And I didn't know it could be used wet. I'll have to wait until it comes back in stock, but I'll be ready to pounce then. Thanks again!