Honored Contributor

It Cosmetics Moisturizer Contains Lavender

My It Cosmetics order came with a sample of the Confidence in a Cream and I only realized it has lavender after I applied it. I'm allergic and it triggered an asthma attack, so I just wanted to warn anyone else who might have received a sample and has a lavender allergy.

My own fault for not reading the ingredients, but I didn't expect lavender to be in a face cream.

Trusted Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics Moisturizer Contains Lavender

@ChynnaBlue, thanks for the warning. Lavender is an asthma trigger for me also. I hope you are better now. 

Occasional Contributor

WOW!! I never knew that. I have been wearing lavender body lotion and using pure lavender oil for months and been wheezing like crazy. Guess I'd better throw that away too. Does anyone know of a scent (perfume or cologne) that works well with allergy sensitive ladies? I am sorry if I got a little bit off track here.

Thanks.

Liz

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You'd be suprised at how many skincare products -facial lotion, serums, facial cleansers,etc- contain lavender! I have no idea why. I love real lavender flowers but I do not like lavender in my skincare products!

Honored Contributor

Lavender can cause me breathing problems too. I try to use fragrance free face and body products. There are a few mild scents I can tolerate, but I don't like the scent of lavender even if I wasn't allergic to it. I don't know why these strong scents are in facial products. Not necessary. 

Occasional Contributor

I loved the smell of lavender. Now I need to find something else to use. It never occured to me it was causing me to wheeze. You ladies are so great. Thank you so much. I realize this began because of the IT Cosmetics facial cream but it sure helped me.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Liz

Esteemed Contributor

It also contains a form of a silcone for those who are avoiding.

Respected Contributor

OH wow! I pray you are ok. Asthma can be very dangerous. I take lavender essential oil for my allergies in a capsule. Lavender is a very good, all purpose, essential oil for everything from burns to acne to insect bites to cleaning, but if you are allergic, then it is a serious danger.
Trusted Contributor

@Miss Lizzie wrote:

WOW!! I never knew that. I have been wearing lavender body lotion and using pure lavender oil for months and been wheezing like crazy. Guess I'd better throw that away too. Does anyone know of a scent (perfume or cologne) that works well with allergy sensitive ladies? I am sorry if I got a little bit off track here.

Thanks.

Liz

@Miss Lizzie, I have problems with most perfumes triggering my asthma. The only thing I have been able to wear are the Philosophy fragrances, the Graces and the Loves, with the exception of Pure Grace. I never could understand why PG was the only Philosophy fragrance to make me wheeze, but then I learned that it contained lavender. Then it made sense to me. 

Everyone is different and I can't guarantee that you will have the same results, but this is what works for me. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its a big no no for your skin. Its listed as an irritant and the supposed benefits spread in the "natural" community is a myth a best.  IT puts Lavender in a lot of their products. No proven benefits for it as a skin care product and what it does in reality, causes irritation & may cause skin cell damage ("kills" them). Its a cytotoxic. It has been used as an acne & hair treatment, because it limits fungus. However, can be a irritant if used all over and as a main skin care ingredient.