Respected Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics Moisturizer Contains Lavender

I had no idea when I ordered this that it would have a devastatingly potent scent!  I opened it, and the odor was so intense I immediately felt ill, headache, etc.  I packed it up very fast and returned it and won't order online in the future; must sample/try these things in person, hard way to learn that lesson.  What a list of ingredients too, no wonder.

Regular Contributor

Once I saw the super long list of ingredients that included irritating oils I knew Jamie was full of it with her claim of working with dermatologists and making skincare for sensitive skin. That is some stuff I wouldn't put on my tough skin so I can't imagine someone putting it on red and irritated skin.

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue, thanks for the warning. Lavender is an asthma trigger for me also. I hope you are better now. 

Yes, thanks. I washed it off immediately, used my rescue inhaler,  and recovered in a few minutes. But I definitely don't want to do that again and hope no one has to do it, either.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Lizzie wrote:

WOW!! I never knew that. I have been wearing lavender body lotion and using pure lavender oil for months and been wheezing like crazy. Guess I'd better throw that away too. Does anyone know of a scent (perfume or cologne) that works well with allergy sensitive ladies? I am sorry if I got a little bit off track here.

Thanks.

Liz

That would be nice, if there were such a thing! Everyone is different, so I don't think there's a scent out there that won't trigger anyone. I have some perfumes that I can wear some months, but I can't even wear my own favorite scents during some allergy seasons.

I'd say do not throw anything away until you confirm you have an allergy. Go without for a while until you're no longer wheezing, then try wearing it again and if the wheezing returns, then throw it out. Or, if you're like me and know when your worst seasons are and you're in one now, try putting the lavender away for a few months and try it again when you're not already in a heightened state.

You may find it bothers you some months and not others. Lavender is one that bothers me year 'round, so I generally avoid it. There's an Italian restaurant I love, but they use a French lavender soap in their restroom and I always have to remember to bring my own soap when I go eat there - which is not often, as you can imagine.

Honored Contributor

@MissSugarKane wrote:

Once I saw the super long list of ingredients that included irritating oils I knew Jamie was full of it with her claim of working with dermatologists and making skincare for sensitive skin. That is some stuff I wouldn't put on my tough skin so I can't imagine someone putting it on red and irritated skin.

Well, maybe that's the problem. She doesn't claim to work with dermatologists, she claims to work with plastic surgeons. She really needs to be working with dermatologists.

Honored Contributor

I am almost positive lavender is the ingrediant that bothers my eyes in the Hope in a Jar moisturizer from Philosophy.  No matter how far away from my eyes I put that moisturizer, it burns them something horrible.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@MissSugarKane wrote:

Well, maybe that's the problem. She doesn't claim to work with dermatologists, she claims to work with plastic surgeons. She really needs to be working with dermatologists.

LOL yes, maybe she should! But truly work with them and not just say "dermatologist tested" which means nothing either, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG ,I am a lavender junkie.Everything in my home smells like lavender and all my bath and shower products are lavender.I spray my bed everynit with it .....and my poor dog.......lol!  no wonder I am always coughing my head off.  Whatever will i do  to take the palce  place of lavender   <3        Smiley Sad