New Contributor

It Cosmetics CC Illumination Cream Application help.

Hi, I ordered the last TSV with the giant CC Illumination cream.  I was wondering how everyone applies this cream. I have tried the brush and also tired with my fingers. This cream settles into every pore on my face.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks for your help.   I am 61. Skin tends to be a bit dry, not an oily person at all. 

Respected Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics CC Illumination Cream Application help.

@Hersheysmom wrote:

Hi, I ordered the last TSV with the giant CC Illumination cream.  I was wondering how everyone applies this cream. I have tried the brush and also tired with my fingers. This cream settles into every pore on my face.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks for your help.   I am 61. Skin tends to be a bit dry, not an oily person at all. 

hersheysmom:  I am around your age and I love this cream.  I did not care for the regular CC cream as I thought it was a little too thick and the coverage was a little heavy for my taste and made my face look dull.  The Illumination Cream is fabulous.  I have fair skin, also on the dry side, and my skin is in pretty good shape.  I really do not need it for heavy coverage.  I apply a little bit on the brush that came with it (the white fluffy one) and just spread it around my entire face.  You only need a little bit and the result is so natural and light with just a little bit of a glow.  Not shiny at all, just very healthy and natural looking.  Again, just use a drop.  You can always apply a little more if you need to.  I have a sun spot on my check and this really does not cover it so I use the IT undereye cream (also just a dot) and it covers perfectly.  Hope this helps.

New Contributor

Hi Smiley Happy

Thanks for replying.  The first time I used it I realized I used too much so I tried a smaller amount. Same problem with it settleing into pores so I used even less the next time. Still no luck. So I thought maybe it has to do with the application method? Do you think using a primer first would help? The sheen from the product doesn't bother me at all. I have the medium color. This color works very well, but really doesn't cover any imperfections. I wanted to try this for the summer since it's so hot here now. I thought the CC cream would give lighter coverage for the summer with the added benefit of the SPF. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have used it with a brush and sponge. I have the urban decay optical blurring brush and the real techniques sponge. I like it both ways. Maybe try a primer if you have one. I haven't had to use one.
Trusted Contributor

Everybody is different.  Some people have great luck and some don't.  I have tried the a lot of products from IT.  I can't do any of them.  I look like I have craters on my face especially my nose.  I am 57.  No problem with smashbox and bareminerals.  But like I said before....everybody is different.

Contributor

I found out that for me, it works great if I first apply a moisturizer (I use It brand confidence in a cream). I tried and tried to get a natural look just using my fingers to apply, but I can't do it. For me, I use one of my It brushes with very small amounts of the illumination cream. I like to kind of use the brush in little circles. For me, I have to use the brush to get great results. Good luck, you will find the perfect way which works for you. 

Trusted Contributor

I have dry skin, as well. I used this first time on bare skin and it was ok. The next time I used moisturizer first, waited 5minuts to apply and liked it much better that way. 

Valued Contributor

First, make sure your face is exfoliated and moisturized. I've found that my pores are "highlighted" with this particular CC cream (the regular one anyway) if I apply it in more than one direction. IE: rubbing in circlues, up and down, side to side etc. Try all downard strokes, especially in highly visible pore areas. If you have any kind of primer make sure to apply that first as well. 

New Contributor

Very true.  I don't think this CC cream is going to work for me.  It just settles into my pores and it looks like I have little white spots all over my face.  Not attractive. Going to try a primer with it today.  I thought that this cream had a primer built in?

New Contributor

Tried mositurizer and it didn't help. Used the brush that came with it and then a different It brush and still have sinking in the pores issue :/