Esteemed Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics CC+ Foundation in the Tube - Colors?

Thank you all! From your posts I'll assume that the "fair" will be too light on me. When you say the "light" has "peachy undertones," that describes it well since it seems too peachy-orange for me. I've decided not to exchange it, but to return it for a refund.

Thanks for your input.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor

I tried the fair in Ulta, and it was too yellow for me. However, I am very pale and pink-toned, so most foundations are either too dark or too yellow for me (I'm a NW10, possibly lighter).
Honored Contributor

I ordered the CC Cream in light and got it the other day. I tried it for the first time yesterday. I think it's too dark. My husband said it looked fine on my, but I thought it looked too dark. I'm going to keep it and use it, but I think my next tube will be the fair. I wish there were a shade in between the two.

I have dark brown hair but I'm pretty pale. In Clinique's compact cream foundation, I wear the lightest shade, but I thought Fair on the CC Cream might be for the really fair.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Occasional Contributor

Now I a medium skin tone in most makeups but I find her CC cream runs light. I use the tan. And have been thru two of them. One of the few things I have used to the end..I love it. Just purchased the big one and ordered the travel size in medium and have tried mixing them and I like that look in winter. As much winter as Florida gets.

Super Contributor

On 11/29/2014 cw88 said:

I use fair in the wintertime and light in the peak of the summer, and mix the two inbetween.

I got the Fair and am LOVING it for my skin, but do plan on getting the Light for my 2nd A/D shipment so I'll have it on hand for the Summer and if I need to mix between now and then. For now and through the Winter Fair should work wonderfully for me. It's my holy grail foundation! Flawless.

Respected Contributor

Even though I like IT cosmetics foundations their colors are off. In the regular powder foundation I wear tan because the medium is too light. In the illumination foundation the tan is too dark so I must wear medium. In the CC cream the medium actually matches my skin tone. This is the first brand of make-up that I have used where the shades are completely different for every kind of foundation.

Honored Contributor

Fair is too light for me and Light is too dark for me. I refuse to buy two and mix them every day. I wish more cosmetics companies would realize that women come in more than 5 colors.

Respected Contributor

Since they don't have their own forum, think if we started a thread asking for a shade (neutral undertone) between fair and light, they'd pay attention to everyone who said yes? I'd be happy to start one!