Valued Contributor

It Cosmetics CC Cream original vs illumination - colors the same?

I was just wondering if the shades are the same in both formulas. Sometimes they are different. Interested in the medium shade.

Occasional Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics CC Cream original vs illumination - colors the same?

The illumination medium is slighty lighter. I ordered the TSV back in June when the cc cream illumination was part of the kit, just to try it, and I really don't like it. Plus it has a sheen to it, that I also did not care for.

I use the original cc cream in medium which I really like and will stick with that.

Esteemed Contributor

I have light in both. I haven't noticed really any difference. The colors are pretty forgiving and will match most people.
Esteemed Contributor

I will say if your between light and medium go with the lighter color. You can always warm if up with blush and brozer. But if your on the deeper side or right in the middle of being medium skin then the medium should be fine. You can always test if if you have a ulta nearby. They also have a travel size in the regular if you want to try it out before buying a big tube.
Respected Contributor

@Blondelle  I have both, and the illumination definitely is darker, but I like it better than the original.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

Thanks. Is it darker on the face too? Wonder if it wadarker because the illumination effect made it look lighter on the skun. What color do you have? I was told I'm a light but it looks to light on me. The regular medium isn't that much darker. Hope this works in the medium. I can always mix it with the light.