Respected Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics 1/16/16 TSV Review

BTW, There are quite a few versions of doglvr, doglover1, 2, 3,  etc.

Regular Contributor

vanity - I did the same with my blush this morning and I liked it better. I also used the large end of the double-sided brush and was able to pick up plenty of product.

Trusted Contributor

Mine is out for delivery.  This is my first try with IT Cosmetics.   Have had flu-like symptoms for a week, so if it works on me,  it is truly all "miracle working products." Smiley Surprised  Hoping for the best!  Could use some cheering up.Woman Sad

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

@vanity wrote:

If anyone is interested,  I also got the tsv.  When I apply the blush,  I then sweep over my cheeks the Je Ne Sais Quoi matte vitality powder blush over my cheeks to add a pop of color because the cream blush appears faint to me.  I remember Bobbi Brown giving this advice when using her cream blush. 

Thanks for the tip, @vanity! I have not received TSV kit yet, so can't really comment on how this blush will be. Though I do prefer a faint look of blush over exaggerated. But in case if this Je Ne Sais Quoi Creme blush is too faint, I probably will either do more layers of it, or like you mentioned apply the Je Ne Sais Quoi matte powder blush underneath.

I just wanted to comment on this kits Blush Brush. I bought it in March with Creme Blush in Naturally Pretty, a soft pinky-rose shade. First I did not get this creme blush, but it grew on me, and now is my "go to" blush. Along with this same Angled Airbrush Creme Brush. I like this brush so much, it became my only brush for blushes, and was a part of my decision-making to get this TSV kit.

I wanted a spare! Not for $48 of course.

Well initially, I was not able to pick up enough product on this brush, not sure of the reason, but now - I think it's the best! I like it because I NEVER get too much blush and able to build up it vs. take off an extra. As we all well know, it's difficult to get rid of extra blush color, it does cling to the cheeks, unless wiped off, applying foundation again. That is never a good idea - should be a correct layer right away for the face to look good and natural.

Valued Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@vanity wrote:

If anyone is interested,  I also got the tsv.  When I apply the blush,  I then sweep over my cheeks the Je Ne Sais Quoi matte vitality powder blush over my cheeks to add a pop of color because the cream blush appears faint to me.  I remember Bobbi Brown giving this advice when using her cream blush. 

Thanks for the tip, @vanity! I have not received TSV kit yet, so can't really comment on how this blush will be. Though I do prefer a faint look of blush over exaggerated. But in case if this Je Ne Sais Quoi Creme blush is too faint, I probably will either do more layers of it, or like you mentioned apply the Je Ne Sais Quoi matte powder blush underneath.

I just wanted to comment on this kits Blush Brush. I bought it in March with Creme Blush in Naturally Pretty, a soft pinky-rose shade. First I did not get this creme blush, but it grew on me, and now is my "go to" blush. Along with this same Angled Airbrush Creme Brush. I like this brush so much, it became my only brush for blushes, and was a part of my decision-making to get this TSV kit.

I wanted a spare! Not for $48 of course.

Well initially, I was not able to pick up enough product on this brush, not sure of the reason, but now - I think it's the best! I like it because I NEVER get too much blush and able to build up it vs. take off an extra. As we all well know, it's difficult to get rid of extra blush color, it does cling to the cheeks, unless wiped off, applying foundation again. That is never a good idea - should be a correct layer right away for the face to look good and natural.

This is an EXCELLENT brush for creme blushes. It was one of the deciding factors for me as well as I didnt have one specifically for creme brushes and now I do! It really does apply perfectly and washes well too. I kind of tap/press the the bristles quickly into the blush and that seems to work. The blush in the kit is definitely buildable and goes on very easily. I think you'll be pleased! I have been searching for a blush that lasts more than a couple of hours. Mine is always gone right away. I guess i touch  my face a lot - who knows. It looks very natural - I love it! It's funny because I did not like the same color name in the ombre version of IT's blush. It was too much. This is much better - but I also think its the combination of the brush and cream vs the brush I had with that powder. That one went back.

I'm liking the lipstick today. I think it'll make a good "chapstick" through the winter as it is very emollient. I'm terrible at reapplying lipstick. Maybe if I just keep this one in y pocket I won't end up with dry lips. It's a pretty natural color on me too.

I decided that I am going to send my CC Cream back. Now that I've tried light, I can assuredly say it works on my skin much better than the medium. I wanted to exchange but I can't since they dont have super size in stock. Luckily i was on auto so I'll still get one of those in March. I'd like to try it in light all over my face to really compare to the veil. Though I must say I really like the veil. My skin is so dry, it seems like a great foundation for dry skin.

Valued Contributor

Also I should comment in how fast my face "came together" today. All I did was apply the kit, plus a little mineral veil and mascara. Very natural look. Good for a working at home day which is what I'm doing today.

Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately it's a return for me. I ordered light and medium. Neither color are right. I didn't care for the blush or lipstick. I also ordered the moisturizer. Not sure if it's that or the veil, but this afternoon I have five or six bumps that popped up. It's all going back. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed the double ended face brush does not seem to be the usual high quality of the It brushes, I already have the blush brush and the new one seems fine. I also already have one of the cream blushes in another color and this one does not seem to give off the amount of color. I think this is going back for those 2 reasons-do like the lipstick though. 

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Received mine last night. Foundation is she, which is fine for me. I  apply it over my SPF50 (has a white base) and the foundation works on my NW10 skin. Blush is great; no issue applying color with brush. The lipstick however, is garish on me. No one liked it so that's a toss in the garbage.

I'm keeping it but cancelling the autoship.

sahmlam, funny you should say the lipstick looks garish on you, looks the same on me if I apply too much which is very easy to do.

On another thread I read someone saying it has no color on her so we must all be very different. On me it is also very garish if I do apply too much so I have to go very easy.

It is almost a deep mauve pink purple if I apply it like any other lipstick SO it won't be my go to as far as lipstick is concerned. I got a beautiful pink, true soft nude pink but does have color for me but very soft. It is from Two Faced on HSN and item number is 322458. Don't go by the picture, is very soft in color. Taffy.

I do love everything else in this kit though, other than lipstick, I am a happy camper.

Honored Contributor

Mine came yesterday. I wore it today, but I was running late and didn't take the time to put it on properly! I will tomorrow!

Does everyone else know that it says on the foundation to REAPPLY EVERY 2 HOURS???? Did I read it wrong? There is no way I'm going to reapply ANY foundation every 2 hours!!!!! Smiley Surprised

I ordered Medium. I'm probably between a Light and Medium, but definitely closer to Medium. It went on smoothly and I love the finish. I think though tomorrow (today) I will put a little more on. The color gives me a warm glow, and I don't have a "line" at my jawline - which is one of my pet peeves!

I'm not sure about the lipstick. I might give that to DD. I don't look great in pinks because of my warm coloring. So I don't think this did anything for me. After applying it at home, by the time I got to the parking lot, I had to put more on anyway. 

I love the blush! Even though it too is pink-toned, it gave me a nice "just came in from the cold" look. 

So all in all, my impression right now is it's OK. I think my favorite IT foundation is still Celebration Illumination. But I'll wear it a few more days and put a little more on before I dismiss it completely. NO way I'm going to stop every 2 hours and reapply. I can't do that! Smiley Wink