Respected Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics 1/16/16 TSV Review

@winamac1 wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

winamac, I too like the blush and foundation. I don't like the lipstick for the opposite reason, way too dark on me but am finding out several seem to turn almost a purple color on me once on for a little while, wonder why?

Being these are my first IT brushes other than the flat  paddle brushIdon't like a paddle brush for foundation) I got with another IT TSV CC cream foundation which was too thick and heavy for me so, I haven't any of her brushes to compare these with but seem okay to me.

Hi doglover.  I remember seeing you thought the lip color was too light.  We are all so different in what we like you know!   Anyway, the brushes are not the same quality , but they are still nice.  I love the blush!

On me that lipstick is almost a purple, deep dark mauve, nothing like what the models looked like at all. I liked it on the models but was/is way too dark on me.

I too love the blush, best so far for me.

Being I only have her  paddle foundation brush which may be good quality but I don't care for the paddle type to apply foundation so, I usually use my Real Techniques Expert Face brush which works very well for me.

Too bad we can't make our own kits huh? Would be a lot of work for them since we all like different colors in lips and blush products but would sell more I think if we at least had a choice of 2 or 3 colors.

Respected Contributor

@Acf11 wrote:

I wanted to love this product so much but,  the brush was too soft, the bristles too long to grab enough product to apply a sufficient amount to get coverage.  You need a brush with shorter and more compact bristles to grab the foundation properly.  There is no way the demonstration on TV was a typical application.  I almost went through an entire compact in one month.   At this rate, it will be very expensive to use.  If you have imperfections that you are trying to cover, I don't think this is your foundation.  

I did like the concept and the idea of the ingredients in the foundation but this was not for me.

MUMZY, while I totally love this cushion compact foundation I also totally agree with you that you don't get the coverage the models on air got, no way. It is more like a tinted moisturizer and not for those that want or need full coverage or even medium coverage.

I like the look and feel but highly doubt I would spend that much to get a foundation with so little product in it.

The first shipment was a very good deal for me since I do like the foundation, love the blush and for me the brushes work very well.  If I want more coverage I use my Real Techniques expert face brush and yes, that does pick up more product but I do use the brushes that came with this kit.

I did go on AD but am rethinking since DH said today I really look good, said he could tell I got more sleep, didn't, didn't sleep at all but I had on my L'Oreal Tru Match lumi in 3 n. I am a light to light medium normally but  this 3n works very well for me. I love the look and feel on of this IT cushion  compact but had to admit, I did look better in my L'Oreal tru match lumi in 3n.

I did see an ad on TV for the newer version of CG and OOO Ageless in a pump bottle, prefer a pump bottle so I will take a look at this, says doesn't show up or settle into fine lines or pores and is excellent for moisturizing and lasting.

Respected Contributor

I like that cushion compact as well--I have both the tube and the compact and I finished one and I'm now working on the 2nd compact on an auto-delivery. It's very good coverage on me and I do use a brush. The powder lasts a lot longer so I'm still on my first compact.

If I want more coverage, I use IT. For less, I use my mineral foundation (BE.) One nice thing about that cushion compact is that the dot of foundation goes right on the brush and it's not messy.