Super Contributor
My super sized Cc pump doesn't pump any more. Have any of you had this problem and if so what did you do. Thank you in advance
Esteemed Contributor

Those tubes, big and small don't have a straw in them as they are airless pump dispensers so there has to be contact between the liquid CC cream in the tube and the top of the pump. Try storing the tube upside down and bang the top of the tube on your hand to get the cream down toward the top of the tube.

Once the tube looks empty there's still a lot of product stuck to the inside tube walls. If nothing works to get the CC cream out, you may have to cut the bottom of the tube and use a small foundation brush or concealer brush to get the CC cream out of the tube. If you cut the tube, put it in a plastic bag so the tube doesn't dry out.

Respected Contributor

@Tara811@TY

To minimize inconvenience after cutting the tube, I clean 1 to 1 1/2 inches inside the tube and then fold it over and clamp it with a small spring clip.  Store it with the nozzle down.  ( you may need to wipe the outside by the clip the first time you use the product.)

HTH....it has worked on other pumps also.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Regular Contributor

@TY wrote:

Those tubes, big and small don't have a straw in them as they are airless pump dispensers so there has to be contact between the liquid CC cream in the tube and the top of the pump. Try storing the tube upside down and bang the top of the tube on your hand to get the cream down toward the top of the tube.

Once the tube looks empty there's still a lot of product stuck to the inside tube walls. If nothing works to get the CC cream out, you may have to cut the bottom of the tube and use a small foundation brush or concealer brush to get the CC cream out of the tube. If you cut the tube, put it in a plastic bag so the tube doesn't dry out.

What do you mean by "storing the tube upside down"?  Do you mean standing it up on the pump, so that the labelling is right side up? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@duster95 wrote:

@TY wrote:

What do you mean by "storing the tube upside down"?  Do you mean standing it up on the pump, so that the labelling is right side up? Thanks!

@duster95

I should have made myself clearer, the tube should be stored so the writing on the tube is right side up and the pump is at the bottom of the tube.

You can also try massaging the tube to move the CC cream closer to the pump but only do that when the cap is on the tube. I wish that Jaime would make the pump removable so you can easily get inside the tube if you have to.

Valued Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Tara811@TY

To minimize inconvenience after cutting the tube, I clean 1 to 1 1/2 inches inside the tube and then fold it over and clamp it with a small spring clip.  Store it with the nozzle down.  ( you may need to wipe the outside by the clip the first time you use the product.)

HTH....it has worked on other pumps also.

That's exactly what I did! I got amost two months more usage out of that tube! I used one of those black spring clips from my office supply drawer.

Super Contributor

i should have been more clear. this is almost a brand new tube. i contacted it cosmetics and they told me to try pumping it several times, and if that doesn't work to try forcing the product thru to the top. they insisit that it will start working again  so i'm going to try.

thanks for all of the info

Respected Contributor

Close the top well. Stand the tube in some very warm (not boiling but hot) water for five minutes. Then shake the tube down towards the top to get remaining foundation in contact with the pump. 

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for this great tip. I tried it and now its working fine. I greatly appreciate all of your help.

New Contributor

The pumps on this product do not work!  The company has been unresponsive and that is unacceptable.  I want my money back. Imam very disappointed because I have used this foundation for years, but when a company ignores consumer issues, it is time to find another product!