Honored Contributor

Are any of you proficient using the brush with theCC cream?  I usually use a Beauty Blender sponge, or in a pinch , my fingers. However, I tried the brush the last few times I applied the cream and the results were not good. Any tips, or should I just pitch the brush ? TIA.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Not all beauty brushes are created equal. It is not unheard of to receive a lesser quality brush with an expensive foundation. If you have good results with your blender sponge, stick with that one.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

Not all beauty brushes are created equal. It is not unheard of to receive a lesser quality brush with an expensive foundation. If you have good results with your blender sponge, stick with that one.😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles , you are absolutely right, I used the sponge this AM, and there is no comparison. The IT brush goes in the trash !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Are any of you proficient using the brush with theCC cream?  I usually use a Beauty Blender sponge, or in a pinch , my fingers. However, I tried the brush the last few times I applied the cream and the results were not good. Any tips, or should I just pitch the brush ? TIA.

@QVCkitty1  As others have said, use what works best for you. Sponges are great, but I find that sometimes foundation is wasted or absorbed. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  NOOOO!!!!!!! Don't throw it in the trash!!!!

I'm not sure which brush you are referring to because there are more than one I"ve seen being used with their CC cream. 

But it could possibly work well with some other product, or if you try it again, you might find it works great with a little different technique.  You don't need much of the product to blend it out with a brush.

I have has this happen to me time and again and besides, I cannot bear to think of a beautiful It brush in the garbage, I might cry, LOL!!!   (((RIP It brush)))

I even have makeup brushes that just did not work no matter what and have used them for painting or other uses.

Trusted Contributor

I have never had luck using a brush with CC cream. I just use my fingers, and finish blending it out with a sponge and it looks great. 

Trusted Contributor

@indoorkitty  Do you put the cc cream on your face then blend with the sponge or put it directly on the sponge then apply to your face?  I use my fingers to apply and semi blend then use a sponge to complete the blending process. 

Trusted Contributor

Could it be that you are using too much CC Cream?  I use only about 1/2 a pea size at a time.  I dot it around my face and blend with the brush, then add a tiny bit more where I need it.  I love my IT brushes.