Trusted Contributor

Issues getting your requested Sephora samples online?

Does anyone else have issues getting their free Sephora samples when doing an online order?  My previous order I didn't get any samples, despite choosing 3.  And for my current order I was so excited to finally try a couple IT Cosmetics products (plus a Bobbi Brown product) and I received a perfume (I am sensitive to fragrances) and a skincare product.  And the samples I requested are still in stock on the website.  I was really bummed.  I also think if the packer notices someone requested all fragrances or all skincare or all makeup they should try to substitute within that family of products.

IT Cosmetics hasn't really released a nice discovery kit and Sephora doesn't carry the line in the store (and Ulta does not give samples in the store like Sephora does), so I haven't been able to try very much.  I really don't like to buy and return makeup, as I think it's wasteful, so I really look forward to these samples or small travel sizes that are available for purchase.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Issues getting your requested Sephora samples online?

I haven't received samples from Sephora online in more than a year. When I've called, I've been told that there is fine print on the site stating:

1) We reserve the right to substitute

2) Samples are available IF in stock.

According to the VIPRouge CS reps, the samples are NOT guaranteed, so...

Honored Contributor

I think Sephora is coming apart at the seams.  The website is still in slow motion.  Out of stocks are not taken off the site in full sizes, much less samples. 

Frequent Contributor

I usually do get all three samples, but half the time, I don't get the same three that I picked.  And yes, they do substitute with fragrance samples a lot.  And like you said, the samples I did not get were not out of stock.  I have complained to CS a couple of times, but while they do sound apologetic, nothing gets done.  They willl, however, compensate you with some Beauty Insider points.

Honored Contributor

I guess that I'm lucky, I always get the samples that I request.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I think Sephora is coming apart at the seams.  The website is still in slow motion.  Out of stocks are not taken off the site in full sizes, much less samples. 

Why would they take out of stock items off the website? They have a feature that allows you to be emailed when the item comes back in stock. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I order quite often and rarely have an issue. Sorry it seems to have been a dud for you twice. 

Super Contributor

never get the ones I requested. Usually get a perfume sample that I hate. called and complained did no good. 

Honored Contributor

I usually get three but rarely, if ever, are the ones I actually request. Usually they stick me with perfumes, which I do not want at all. I have a huge bag of all the perfume samples they've sent me over the years. ridiculous. 

One more reason I do not like Sephora anymore....

Honored Contributor

I was referring to out of stock DISCONTINUED items.  They do run decent clearance sales, but it is frustrating to put together an order of off-price lipsticks, for example, and find most of them gone once you submit the order.