Trusted Contributor

I use both. Mix and match. I am 60 and no one ever believes me, so it is working.

If you listen to either of them carefully when they are on (Manuela or Dimitri), they speak almost the same (as far as information). I always wonder if they manufacture for each other, or share their labs, because their products are so similar. They are both global, and they both manufacture for 'other labels' (their stuff, but the expensive people slap their own labels on the bottle). Probably not, but it is nice that they say pretty much the same thing, because it makes me trust them completely.

Either one of them always convince me I need more bottles of "whatever". Trouble is, they come into town back to back. Can always know that if Dimitri is there, it means within a week or so Manuela will be there.

I have so many bottles it looks like I am a skin care hoarder! But it is because they sell in kits! The kits are absolutely the way to buy, but after a while, I feel like I don't know where to put it all.

I also feel that I am explaining "oh, this big box with 57 bottles? No I am not hoarding, I just love my skincare people" hahaha

17 years of Dimitri, and 18 years of Manuela, whew, that is a lot of stuff.

I have never felt the need to try any other skin care. I even started my 26 y/o son on some of the products. I don't think skin care is only for women. Not at all. He is very interested in starting to care for his skin. He played so many sports in his school years, even in college, that he wants to stay ahead of sun damage.

Even though I was one of those "slather the whole team with sun screen" Moms, sun is sun. There were days of tournaments when we were out on fields for a whole week-end!

I encourage him to ask questions and take what he needs from my stash. I wish I had someone guide me to what I needed to do when I was younger. I played catch up and do not feel I look too bad. I hope for him, starting young, he will still be adorable (OK, I am biased) at age 40 and beyond.

That is what is so great about either Skinn OR Isomers. We get skin care classes and education by listening, and then can share knowledge and product with sons or daughters, or grands (depending on your age) because the products span the ages of 20 to 90 y/o.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/27/2015 gabstoomuch said:

I use both. Mix and match. I am 60 and no one ever believes me, so it is working.

If you listen to either of them carefully when they are on (Manuela or Dimitri), they speak almost the same (as far as information). I always wonder if they manufacture for each other, or share their labs, because their products are so similar. They are both global, and they both manufacture for 'other labels' (their stuff, but the expensive people slap their own labels on the bottle). Probably not, but it is nice that they say pretty much the same thing, because it makes me trust them completely.

Either one of them always convince me I need more bottles of "whatever". Trouble is, they come into town back to back. Can always know that if Dimitri is there, it means within a week or so Manuela will be there.

I have so many bottles it looks like I am a skin care hoarder! But it is because they sell in kits! The kits are absolutely the way to buy, but after a while, I feel like I don't know where to put it all.

I also feel that I am explaining "oh, this big box with 57 bottles? No I am not hoarding, I just love my skincare people" hahaha

17 years of Dimitri, and 18 years of Manuela, whew, that is a lot of stuff.

I have never felt the need to try any other skin care. I even started my 26 y/o son on some of the products. I don't think skin care is only for women. Not at all. He is very interested in starting to care for his skin. He played so many sports in his school years, even in college, that he wants to stay ahead of sun damage.

Even though I was one of those "slather the whole team with sun screen" Moms, sun is sun. There were days of tournaments when we were out on fields for a whole week-end!

I encourage him to ask questions and take what he needs from my stash. I wish I had someone guide me to what I needed to do when I was younger. I played catch up and do not feel I look too bad. I hope for him, starting young, he will still be adorable (OK, I am biased) at age 40 and beyond.

That is what is so great about either Skinn OR Isomers. We get skin care classes and education by listening, and then can share knowledge and product with sons or daughters, or grands (depending on your age) because the products span the ages of 20 to 90 y/o.

Gabs- I concur with everything you said...I did wonder if D and Manuela were working together lol...I am so happy my mom started me on skincare at an early age(12) so I am happy to hear you spreading the love to your son..I have introed cousins who NEVER did anything but use a bar of soap({#emotions_dlg.scared}) and once I educated them to cleansing, moisturizing, protecting and fortifying their skin, they both look SOOOOO much better (and that is something for a 30 year old! She is a Skinn lover now-she loves the light rose smell of his original Stem rejen!)

I do listen and have learned so much in regards to peptides, acids, antioxidants and such from both D and Manuela...I now do lots of research online in the hopes of finding , if not the fountain of youth, the fountain of looking good HAHA!

Super Contributor

I have used Isomers for about 17 or so years now. Isomers is wonderful, the serums are light and the creams are great. I bought Skinn last Summer, and found it too irritate my sensitive skin, it was heavy feeling and I didn't enjoy it. So, it all went back except one TS that I broke up between myself and my daughter...it was more makeup than skincare.

Dr. Denese is a heavier product also, and felt so heavy and greasy, so I don't like that either. Isomers will explain all about their product and how much of the different ingredients is in it. Denese doesn't explain the ingredients enough. She is pretty though.

Since you can try them all for a month, that is the best way to decide if you like them or not. I have dry skin and love my Isomers.

Respected Contributor
I am just starting to use the isomers I had on hand and also have added some other kits just recently. I was so tempted by yesterdays's ttv but didnt take the plunge. I now have so many bottles and jars of potions of all varieties and brands. I need to use some up. Her kits have been great deals and it is the only way to go in trying things out. Even if you don't end up using or liking everything, the cost per item is still worth.

I am interested in trying her c kit, cleansers and her hands creams, but decided to leave that for another visit.

I have not really been using the isomers I had on hand but have been using mostly skinn products so cannot compare the two just yet. I do like some Skinn products but am trying to move away from them a bit as I use things up. I agree though, that a combination of the two would be good. I don't find one line covers it all.

Respected Contributor
Even though I'm still waiting for the Skinn products that ordered, I also ordered the Isomers TTV and the all-in-one cleanser. I'm open to trying new things so I'm looking forward to getting both.
Trusted Contributor
Isomers is so far superipr (IMHO). There is no comparison. It's like having big girl skin care versus something for a teenager.
Honored Contributor
On 2/28/2015 jtdmum said: Isomers is so far superipr (IMHO). There is no comparison. It's like having big girl skin care versus something for a teenager.

I have been a fan of Dr. Denese do you think Isomers is better than Dr. Denese?

The Shop HQ value is intriguing to me but I recently purchased the Skinn TTV with 2 cleansers, body scrub, and a softening serum, and a few other ingredients, I was not overly impressed and would not re order, but I am on the wait list for the last Dr. Denese TSV...I am not sure which way to go. I don't want to over buy products and have them sitting unused, thanks for any advice.

edited: products not ingredients!

Honored Contributor

This is difficult to answer, I find both lines quite innovative and aggressive, for me ,it would have to be either /or, or try to mix both of them, maybe one in day, one in night.

Honored Contributor
On 2/28/2015 momtodogs said:
On 2/28/2015 jtdmum said: Isomers is so far superipr (IMHO). There is no comparison. It's like having big girl skin care versus something for a teenager.

The Shop HQ value is intriguing to me but I recently purchased the Skinn TTV with 2 cleansers, body scrub, and a softening serum, and a few other ingredients, I was not overly impressed and would not re order, but I am on the wait list for the last Dr. Denese TSV...I am not sure which way to go. I don't want to over buy products and have them sitting unused, thanks for any advice.

far too many cones in Dr D's products, and the actives are way down the ingredient deck. PTR or Isomers or Perricone. Skinn is good too. I like Dr. D, but her products did nothing for me. SSC on HSN did nothing for me either.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor
On 2/28/2015 momtodogs said:

I would personally choose ISOMERS over Dr. Denese. The TTV is an amazing value. I was a little shocked they are letting us get it on auto delivery.

To answer the OP's question, I think both lines have good products. I've found products from each that I like. I will say that ISOMERS would be my choice for sensitive skin though because I've never had irritation with them. I'm not able to use the Elite Stem Rejens because they broke me out.