Valued Contributor

I just need a brief breakdown of the difference between these two competiators. I sure many have tried so I would love some input. My skin is on the drier side and I live in hot and humid Florida and I 71 with the usual mature skin.

Thanks so much

Respected Contributor

Re: Isomers vs Elysee

[ Edited ]

Hi ~ Not so sure how much help I can be, but here is my experience.  Several months ago, some very kind Ladies here helped me with ELYSEE information. 

I took the plunge.  Used it exclusively for 2 months.  Only thing I kept in my routine was my PTR Retinol PM, and my Dr. D Hydroshield.  When I got to the bottom of the jars, I reordered.

I'm 62, with very dry skin, and live in south central PA where the humidity is awful too.  Very happy with ELYSEE.  No, it will not make me look 40 again, but my skin does look better, and feel better, so for me it's a YES vote.

I did go off the rails for a week or so, and got PTR's last TSV.  Big mistake for me.  Sent it back and went right back to E, and all is much better again.  

I know the kind Ladies here can give you great advice on ingredients, etc... Just wanted you to know how satisfied I am with ELYSEE, and how well it works for me.  HTH

ETA ~ I started with the "ELYSEE Day & Night Age-Defying Set.  There is a nice video at the H that explains the products.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@sandylu wrote:

I just need a brief breakdown of the difference between these two competiators. I sure many have tried so I would love some input. My skin is on the drier side and I live in hot and humid Florida and I 71 with the usual mature skin.

Thanks so much

A breakdown of the difference between the two?  That's sounds like it could be a tall order.  I'm 61 and all I can tell you is that I've tried a number of Isomers products and gave up on them.  For me, the results just weren't there.  I've been using the Elysee power serum trio (Firmance, Fountain of Youth, and Youth Resurrection) for the past two years.  I got the trio on a TS auto-delivery and don't want to stop it.  The Fountain of Youth has 40% peptides, which impressed me.  The Elysee serum trio is part of my AM routine. Skinn, my other favorite line, came out with a 40% peptide serum which I also use, but at night.  I was using some other Elysee products in my routines but realized I was overlapping with some Skinn products so I elected to discontinue the Elysee and stay with Skinn.  My skin is more normal, so lately I've found I don't need much of an AM moisturizer when I am going to do makeup and use a bb cream or moisturizing type foundation - the Elysee Youth Resurrection is enough moisturizing for me prior to moving onto makeup.  If I'm staying home with a clean face, I use a lotion type moisturizer.  At night, I use Skinn Pep 40 cream, which is lightweight, but creamy, and gives me plenty of overnight moisture.   

Honored Contributor

I've used both. Both are great.

Elysee is less expensive and slightly more old fashioned. The formulations are effective with clinically tested levels of actives, but they include parabens, and the packaging is basic. They are relatively slow to create new products -- which many will appreciate because it's not a constant launchamania fest. Highly recommended if you are trying to save money and you want to commit to a solid steady regimen. You get more than you pay for. 

Isomers is very expensive, and fairly cutting edge. I get the impression they are well tuned in to the latest ingredient releases and jump on them quickly. They improve their formulas constantly, which I love. But this also confuses and frustrates us consumers because the new formulas sometimes get new names, sometimes don't. It's unclear what is replacing what and why. If you just bought a big stash of 4 oz bottles of the old formula last month, it is not very nice to find out there's a new and better model launching this month. The trick is to buy small, gradually acquire products that interest you, and don't let the new releases phase you.

It's great to use both lines. Or add bits and pieces to your current routine as you go.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr