Super Contributor

Isomers moved to unknown testing on Paula's list

I browse Paula's animal testing list every so often and happened to notice that Isomers moved from being under companies that do test to unknown testing status. Some of you may remember my thread a while back on this. I am satisfied that Isomers is cruelty free based on the response I got. In my email to them I mentioned about Paula's site and suggested to Lori from Isomers that Manuela should contact them to get it changed. When I noticed the change on Paula's site, I sent them an email asking why Isomers was moved. I just got a reply back saying "I am not allowed to explain this, but we had to make this move for legal reasons". I have a really strong feeling Isomers did follow up with them to get this changed. If so, I feel even better about continuing to use Isomers. Paula states on her website that any company whose products are sold in China has allowed their products to be animal tested which is probably why they were only moved to unknown and not under companies that do not test. Isomers told me via email that their products passed China's requirements without being animal tested.

Regular Contributor

Re: Isomers moved to unknown testing on Paula's list

This is hardly a step up for Isomers and I will not be using their products. They sell their products in China. Do you really think that China gives Isomers special treatment?
Honored Contributor

hm interesting. I am going to avoid Isomers just to be on the safe side. Something is amiss.

Super Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Danish Gal said: This is hardly a step up for Isomers and I will not be using their products. They sell their products in China. Do you really think that China gives Isomers special treatment?

There was a lot of information posted about China's policy. Only new ingredients that have not been previously tested have to be tested. China's policy is confusing which is why I think Paula's team probably moved them to unknown. I do not think Isomers would have followed up with Paula's Choice if they knew they were covering something up. They would have just left the situation alone.

Super Contributor

On 3/23/2014 HappyDaze said:

hm interesting. I am going to avoid Isomers just to be on the safe side. Something is amiss.

I understand. We each have to do what we feel is best. I just thought this was interesting and wanted to pass it along.

Honored Contributor

I guess what I don't understand is if Isomers could bypass the animal testing in China, why wouldn't she just pass along that information to Paula's choice when they contacted her (which is sounds like they did) rather than apparently demand PC take it off the does test list and list it onto the unknown testing status?

Honored Contributor

It is my understanding that China requires testing IF the ingredients do not meet with their standards. It is done at their discretion. Usually cosmetics with generic ingredients are not tested.

Could it be Isomers has ingredients that have no need to be tested? IDK as I do not use it. Any company that sells to China is put on Paula's list. Paula""s Choice was even accused of animal testing. Which of course wasn't true. But Paula does put any company that sells in the country China on her list.