Honored Contributor

Re: Isomers before and after photos

I think many of the before pics look better and most times, there really isn't any dfference. Maybe its the way the lighting is or the tranlation to TV.  The ONLY before and after pics that are truly amazing are on the show Botched---now those are pretty amazing. 

Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom 

You said:

Manuela explained she was wearing false lashes bc she, by accident, cut her eyelashes while trimming her eyebrows. So no, not odd to me.

How in the heck does a person cut her eyelashes while trimming her brows???!!!! Woman LOL

I've done it before, using one of those battery-operated facial trimmers. Normally I use Nair under my brows instead of plucking them, because I can't tolerate pain.

I was using a facial trimmer to "touch up" the stray brow hairs growing in underneath my brow when my hand slipped.  Ooops!  I didn't lose all my lashes, but they were only 1/8" long for quite awhile.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom 

You said:

Manuela explained she was wearing false lashes bc she, by accident, cut her eyelashes while trimming her eyebrows. So no, not odd to me.

How in the heck does a person cut her eyelashes while trimming her brows???!!!! Woman LOL

Wow!  That must be some lash serum; better get me some of that. LOL.

Trimming eyebrows?  I haven't even tweezed in years except a rare stray.  I'm just glad to still have some.  I have had luck with the MD Grande Lash in the past, although I had to use it 2x/day instead of just at night, so I'm starting that again.  I normally only wear eye makeup once a week, so that's not an issue.  Got the duo lash/brow combo with a 20% off coupon.  The RapidLash used to work before they removed the critical ingredient, but no more.  

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

You shouldn't apply lash serum over makeup anyway. I can say that the peptide in that serum does work, but only modestly. It's not like latisse. However you don't get the dramatic fall out cycles with it that you get from latisse. I use a different brand with the same active in it and I like it.

About the pictures, some of them look better to me, some look the same, a few sort of look worse, and a few look better in some areas and worse in others. But what I really like about them is that they look real.

They obviously are not all provided by the ingredient companies or taken at the studio. Some are actually taken by Isomers at their lab. Most cosmetics companies don't take their own before and after pictures and rely on materials from their ingredient suppliers. Isomers seems to use a mix of both, which I really appreciate.

@Porcelain- I am a Latisse user (Careprost) and have not experienced any type of lash fall out cycle.

That's good to know...I have been thinking of trying Latisse when I run out of Grande Lash I got from HSN.  It is working some and much better then Rapid Lash I had tried prior to that.  I would hate to have massive lash fall out...I'd freak out!  

Honored Contributor

@The Odd One  Thanks for the explanation. I had never heard of that happening