Super Contributor

Isomers and mixing of serums/creams

I always hear Manuela talking about mixing/cocktailing serums and creams.

Is there any of the serums/creams that should not be mixed with each other? I feel like by mixing them, it will take away the effectiveness of the active ingredients. Thanks for any replies.

Valued Contributor

Re: Isomers and mixing of serums/creams

I doubt Manuela would say its ok to do if it rendered them ineffective.Serums first then creams is the protocol.

Super Contributor

I meant putting them together in the palm of your hand (say a few drops of one serum and a few drops of another serum or cream) and them mixing them up together at the same time so they become one.

Valued Contributor

Yes i understood what you meant..I have been doing this for yrs now.What i meant was mix serums in hand apply then mix creams apply.Dont mix serum with creams...I might do 2 or 3 creams at a time..I add my ceramide serum to my creams because its a creamy serum.

Super Contributor

Thanks, MidNight!

Trusted Contributor

I understand what you are saying. You're afraid of overly diluting actives. I think Manuela mentioned one time she would limit mixing serums to five serums. If you are concerned, you could limit your mixing to two or three, and then layer. Supposedly, her serums are potent, and hence hold up to mixing.

In was in the house today (snowing out) and put on retinol serums (not Isomers) let them sink in for about a 1/2 and then put on Isomers ARC serum. When I'm rushing out the house for work, I don't have time to do that.

I would let the serums sink in first before putting on any creams, as they are more diluted in strength.

I have not heard Manuela ever caution about not mixing her products. I have heard people warning not to mix copper and C.

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

According to the FAQ @ isomers.ca...
Will products cancel each other out?

No. Isomers products do not cancel each other out – they can all be used together so you create your own skin-care regimen for the results you want.

In the opinion of some people, it is not recommended to use these ingredients at the same time. If you have these ingredients in your routine, you can choose to use one in the morning and the other at night:
Sirtuins and Niacinamide
Line Freezing ingredients and Calcium
Vitamin C and Copper

Can I mix Isomers’ Copper products with vitamin C serums?

Yes. You can mix Copper P Concentrate Serum with our vitamin C product – Vitamin C&E High Potency Serum and other vitamin C products as well. Isomers’ Copper products contain trace minerals and a special form of copper that are not negatively affected by the use of vitamin C. Our copper is not oxidized (blue or green), so it acts as an anti-oxidant, and will not be cancelled out by using a vitamin C product at the same time. Please note however, that Isomers’ copper products should not be mixed with ascorbic acid.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Lucky Dog said:

I meant putting them together in the palm of your hand (say a few drops of one serum and a few drops of another serum or cream) and them mixing them up together at the same time so they become one.

Well, with the TTV Six-Piece Intense Age Renewal System kit yesterday, Manuela was demonstrating mixing the serum and cream together before applying to the skin. She put two drops of the Glutathiosome serum and two pumps of the Re-Densify cream in the palm of her hand and rubbed her palms together to mix, then applied to the skin. She said you can do the same thing with the other serum and cream in the kit that is used in the evening.

Super Contributor

Thanks everybody. All the answers helped.