Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Isomers Vitamin C TTV - The doppler cap....

[ Edited ]

Pump mechanisms are not airtight. Plus there is always some residual product left inside the pump, close to the opening, which gets exposed to the air or whatever else is outside...good place to get contamination. Pumps are not good at keeping a product fresh. Cleaning the inside of a pump is difficult and can be a source for contamination. It's best to not re-use them.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine has no issues at all.

Sounds like something is wrong.

This Vitamin C is so worth any bottle issue,  The firming and brightening is wonderful.  I have ordered to more bottles since receiving the TTV. 

Call CS at evine early in the day, like Q the reps seem more caring about the company's rep.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Pump mechanisms are not airtight. Plus there is always some residual product left inside the pump, close to the opening, which gets exposed to the air or whatever else is outside...good place to get contamination. Pumps are not good at keeping a product fresh. Cleaning the inside of a pump is difficult and can be a source for contamination. It's best to not re-use them.

@SilleeMee   You made some good points

Respected Contributor

I haven't had any problems.  I do empty the dropper almost completely into the bottle before removing it, so it doesn't drip all over the place, and I don't waste product.  I don't like pumps as much as droppers for Isomers because it's easier to dispense the amount I want.  This stuff is too expensive to waste product!  LOL

Regular Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Try this...push out all product from the dropper into the bottle then rinse the dropper and cap under water and dry. Take a damp paper towel and wipe the top of the bottle making sure to clean the threads there, too. Replace the dropper cap.

Good idea. I will try that. It happened with my bottle and thought it was just a fluke until I saw this thread. None of my other Isomers bottles have this problem. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the doppler caps at all. I replace them with pumps too.  I also replace their body lotions and cleansers with pumps as it is mucher easier to use. I really wish they would start using pumps.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I don't care for the doppler caps at all. I replace them with pumps too.  I also replace their body lotions and cleansers with pumps as it is mucher easier to use. I really wish they would start using pumps.

@Pecky   YEs YES YES.  I have a hard time squeezing containers... especially hard containers and large containers as i have some arthritis in my thumbs and fingers.  You can purchase new unused  pumps of all sizes on Amazon... I just reuse my old pumps and wash and sterilize them prior to reusing.