Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@donna71 wrote:

The TTV is starting early today at 4.P.M.. It is the Ultimate super skin serum, double size. i expect it to sell out really quick, it has sold out at 60 dollars for the regular size the 2 times it has been on.

I don't know what the TTV price is yet.

Now I'm having second thoughts ..... some of the reviews complained about a strong scent ....  if anyone has it, what do you think of the scent?  

Frankly, I don't know why any manufacturer thinks we need fragrance on our face!

Does it list fragrance in the ingredients? If not, then the scent is coming from some of the ingredients. Some ingredients can have a really strong scent naturally. For some, glutathione has a really strong scent. There are others that do too. In many cases you don't want to refine the ingredients just to remove the scent because usually you do this by using some heat or processing in which you could be removing the beneficial qualities as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@donna71 wrote:

The TTV is starting early today at 4.P.M.. It is the Ultimate super skin serum, double size. i expect it to sell out really quick, it has sold out at 60 dollars for the regular size the 2 times it has been on.

Now I'm having second thoughts ..... some of the reviews complained about a strong scent ....  if anyone has it, what do you think of the scent?  

Frankly, I don't know why any manufacturer thinks we need fragrance on our face!

Does it list fragrance in the ingredients? If not, then the scent is coming from some of the ingredients. Some ingredients can have a really strong scent naturally. For some, glutathione has a really strong scent. There are others that do too. In many cases you don't want to refine the ingredients just to remove the scent because usually you do this by using some heat or processing in which you could be removing the beneficial qualities as well.

True. There is some quite noticeable scent to the Superskin Serum. I am too lazy to look up the ingredients right now, but I am sure it is not a perfume, but rather some "useful" ingredient in it. Like I said many times, I am not big on reading or comprehending them ingredients!

It smells a little bit like fresh mowed grass, or even better - hay! Or something like that. Well, something innocent and natural, but yeah, it's there!  Cat Happy

Another thing - it is thicker than Manuela's other serums. It's even a little bit sticky as it goes on, but NOT after it's absorbed. No biggy!

I use, and Manuela recommends, mixing it up with some other serum(s), then there is no problem spreading it. Not that it's difficult to spread, just a little thicker and stickier. Manuela suggests tapping it in, not spreading.

Never-the-less, I just finished my third bottle of it! Love it so much, even if I'd have to "tap it in" with a hammer! I bought multiples (would be too ashamed to say how many) of this serum from TTV, even though I had three regular size bottles in stash. Because, it is THIS good and quite result oriented!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@donna71 wrote:

It definitely has more scent than most of her products and I too was one of those put off by it but it isn't an offensive smell and the product is quite effective.

I know it isn't 'frangrance'

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@donna71 wrote:

Good call, @HappyDaze. It has lavender oil in it, which would obviously have a scent.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just opened the bottle to smell it. Yes, there is a lavender as an ingredient, and I can smell it too, and I also smell other things, which reminds me of fresh only slightly drying hay.