Trusted Contributor

Re: Isomers- So MANY products..Really necessary?

[ Edited ]

Those skincare lines may be under pressure from the networks to create "new, better, bigger" products. That keeps the viewers constantly buying more. I wonder how much it costs to R&D all those new products?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

SO MANY choices...Funny, that is what I say about the menu at Cheesecake Factory!

and yet, everytime I go, I see people enjoying lots of foods that I would have never thought to try...

Esteemed Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:

@sonechko wrote:
I have opposite experience and therefore a different opinion - out of many very good product lines hat I’ve experimented with it’s Isomers line, and a few of their latest formulations, that work quite well specifically on lifting and contouring, i. e. Anti-aging, that do not allow the gravity to win! The more I stick around predominantely with those Isomers’ products addressing lifting, tightening/contouring,

Can you please recommend LIFTING products from Isomers that have worked well for you. TIA

Sure @MsCatLuver, I can share with you what I use, but as recommending products for you.... no, I'd recommend to call or write an email to Isomers company directly. They are qualified to give recommendations for a specific products targeting specific issues.

Please believe me, Isomers company gives really good customer service, they are good at discussing your issues with you,  and never push to buy stuff that you don't need.

You may try -  contactus at isomers dot ca. The phone number is also available on Isomers ca site.

Manuela (company's owner and product formulator) said her two deserted island products are
Glutathiosome serum and Matrixyl 4 Oligopeptide cream.

I am using both of them - love! Also I am using Matrixyl-4 Serum.

Ultimate Super Skin Serum, based on Neodermyl, is your topical alternative to injections.

Deep Crease Correction Face Cream is great for lifting/contouring.

I also use Copper P and H-Pur.

It all works together quite well for me. There are things in between, and there are Isomers booster products, but I don't want to overwhelm you with too much stuff.

If you go to Isomers dot ca site you can read more about these products and what issues they target best.

On site, there is also "Suggested Routines" section you can get recommendations for products according your age category.

Also, to me it is very-very important to start with a great cleanser, to do masks often, and most importantly - peel and exfoliate, helping skin with it's cell turn-over.  Because natural cell turnover process slows down a lot with age.

New and freshly revealed layer of skin, after exfoliation/peeling, not only makes face look better, but also helps serums and creams to penetrate and absorb better, so they don't just sit on top of old skin.

But peeling/exfoliating with age also gets tricky - you don't want also damage the skin, as it gets older it becomes more thinner, fragile and more sensitive.

This is why I like to have my complete confidence in exfoliating products I use. I use those I know won't damage my skin.

I wish you best of luck in your search for products that work best for your skin, @MsCatLuver! Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

It's just a way to make money.  Simple is much better.  I use a good serum, day cream with SPF and a night cream.  I have dry skin and I'm in my mid 60's.  Just saw my Derm and he said keep doing what you're doing, it's working.  Skin is in great shape.  

What do you use?

I like the Perlier or First Aid Beauty serum.  I use Josie Maran SPF and at night I use the serum and First Aid Beauty either reg, unscented cream or their night cream in the winter.  I have dry skin and this works great.

Hi,  What Perlier serum do you use; Black rice, one of the honey's? What about Perlier's other facial products, have you tried them?

Do you use First Aid's regular cream which can be used for face and body?  What serum from their line?

THXCat Very Happy

The Royal Elixir. Yes, the regular FAB cream or their night cream, and the regular serum.   I only use 2 drops of the Royal Elixir for my entire face.  Lasts for a long time   Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, I was thinking that SSC is right there too.

I don't watch these shows because everything is too confusing.  I really don't think watching helps one iota.  It just makes things worse.  LOL

If Isomers has CS reps to help, I think that might be the way to go.  Get on-line and speak with someone who can address your concerns and guide you in the right direction.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva. I use some of Isomers products right now, and love them. I also have used some of Skinn's products in the past. SSC I haven't used in a few years though.....I also use some Perricone as well....I am not as familiar with Isomers's newest products though, and may have to do a bit more research before their next show........

Watching doesn't help me one bit either, although I do find Manuela's approach much better than most....... 

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's confusing and watching the shows is very helpful to understand the features/benefits, usage and suggested regime.

But, there is overlap within lines, as well as when you use several different lines. I don't typically jump on the new product versions. Sometimes the new isn't necessarily better, so I like to wait for reviews.

It's important that consumers understand their own personal needs and learn about the products. Trial and error is part of the process. It does take some level of intelligence and thoughtful consideration. And be careful about taking advice/direction from some here that claim  to be 'professional and certified'. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

@sonechko  thank you for your  recommendations and advice. I greatly appreciate your time and thoroughness in answering my question