Respected Contributor

Re: Isomers- So MANY products..Really necessary?

No, too many products are NOT necessary and a reason I don't watch at all.

I found I cannot use more than 3 products to layer.  Any more than that doesn't penetrate to the skin and balls up. 

I believe new things are discovered.  And nothing wrong with offering things to address different concerns.  But until they are proven, I have now tuned much of it out.

My own belief is retinols and vitamin C have been proven.  I don't think anything else much has.  I have tried so many moisturizers and finally settled on a Kate Somerville dry skin one.  It is the only one that truly works and doesn't irritate me.  I cannot tolerate sun so I avoid it.  My skin is good.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

Here's how I break down products for all the lines I use, not just Isomers.

There are Mix and Match products and All in One products:

• Mix and Match products contain one or a few actives that are meant to achieve a particular result. They don't try to address all aspects of dry, or aging, or oily skin--just one or two aspects. Those products you purchase to cocktail and customize your routine. Many serums, but not all, are Mix and Match.

• All in One products are made to address several aspects of aging or oily skin or whatever. You only need a few of them and they can stand on their own. Most everyday moisturizers from drugstore to Sephora would be considered All in One.

You pick wisely for your All in One mainstays, and then play with the Mix and Match products as additions. I'm not just talking about Isomers' branded "all in one" products. Skinn's Pep40 creme would be All in One for antiaging. Isomers' H Pur hyaluronic acid serum would be a Mix and Match item to address one aspect of dry skin.

Thank you @Porcelain! You've put in words what I do subconsciously choosing my skincare purchases.

Unfortunately I do not have much knowledge of ingredients, yet being fortunate enough find me a skincare company, whom I trust to formulate well and with best ingredients possibly. 

I also listen to the scientist (Manuela) explanating the products, and through my own personal experience I become more confident in buying what @Porcelain calls  -  "One In One" and I call - "My Staples".

When something new comes up, I consider it to be my "Mix and Match", or "Lets Try It" product.

My personal One In One products are Glutathiosome Plus, USSC (both now in the new versions), Matrixyl-4, Ceramide Pro Lipid Serum, H-Pur, Copper-P.

Occasional booster of Accelerated Recovery Serum, and now I am looking forward to be using R Pur.

From Skinn Line I like Pep-40 Serum and Cream.

Of course, I do not slap everything on my face at the same time!

I mix and alternate these staple products. But I like to have them on hand at all times, thus I make sure I BUY them when they are available at advantageous price point, so I do not spend too much later on.

But back to our Opening Poster, who did not mean to bash Isomers - of course! Back to her original question -

"Isomers- So MANY products..Really necessary?"

My answer is - YES! Why not? It's great to have choices! Or is it not? How choice could possible be a bad thing somehow?

For people who feel "confused", please - educate yourself in products a little, ask questions, write to the company.

Very important - try NOT overbuy products, so that later on you feel overwhelmed, helpless, and regret it.

Take the best care of your skin, if you want to have the best skin at any age.

Today I saw a picture of my FB friend's face, and I almost FLIPPED!

That's how good she looks at a little over 60. She is a skincare freak, mostly Isomers, but also with a few additions of other lines, and her face is mighty inspiring to me and must be to anyone!

Inspiring to continue on the never-ending search for most updated and effective anti-aging skincare!

Trusted Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:

Hello ALL,

This is NOT a bashing post.  I actually ordered the Matrixyl last night. However, Isomers has SO many products that I wonder is there REALLY a need for so many in a skincare regimen?

Obviously,  Manuela is not suggesting every product for every person BUT she still recommends a lot of "universal" products. 

@MsCatLuver - short answer - absolutely notWoman LOL

Longtime Isomers user...if you are like me. it can get crazy. I want it allWoman LOL Like all other companies, they have a brown bottle for every concern. Before you know you have picked up a cabinet full. My problems have quadrupled since I am not loyal to 1 beauty line anymore. I pick up bottles from other lines too.

But as time goes by you see through the hype & limit your purchases based on specific concerns & what works. Also, high prices make it that much easier now. I am clearing away my stash from all the hoarding & currently make only selective purchases. Different Daytime & nighttime regimen, so I can still have the variety. 

Honored Contributor

I am also a long time on and off Isomer user, but only ever ordered serum, moisturizer and an eye cream or eye serum. I'm in my late 60's and find gravity is winning, as long as my skin is clear, soft and I don't have large pores, I'm ok with that. I don't find that Isomers is any more effective than any other higher end skin care line the Q sells at this point.

Esteemed Contributor

I have opposite experience and therefore a different opinion - out of many very good product lines hat I’ve experimented with it’s Isomers line, and a few of their latest formulations, that work quite well specifically on lifting and contouring, i. e. Anti-aging, that do not allow the gravity to win! The more I stick around predominantely with those Isomers’ products addressing lifting, tightening/contouring, and the less i try to use any tempting products from other lines, the more anti-gravity effect I’m seeing on my face.
Honored Contributor

@FLGators wrote:

@MsCatLuver wrote:

Hello ALL,

This is NOT a bashing post.  I actually ordered the Matrixyl last night. However, Isomers has SO many products that I wonder is there REALLY a need for so many in a skincare regimen?

Obviously,  Manuela is not suggesting every product for every person BUT she still recommends a lot of "universal" products. 

@MsCatLuver - short answer - absolutely notWoman LOL

Longtime Isomers user...if you are like me. it can get crazy. I want it allWoman LOL Like all other companies, they have a brown bottle for every concern. Before you know you have picked up a cabinet full. My problems have quadrupled since I am not loyal to 1 beauty line anymore. I pick up bottles from other lines too.

But as time goes by you see through the hype & limit your purchases based on specific concerns & what works. Also, high prices make it that much easier now. I am clearing away my stash from all the hoarding & currently make only selective purchases. Different Daytime & nighttime regimen, so I can still have the variety. 

ITA @FLGators - I am open to trying something new, but give careful consideration about how it will fit in my regime. Evine is going off the rails with supersized new/improved every month and high prices attached to them.

Sure, they can be returned, but 12-20 days is not an effective window of time to try something new in skin care to experience/track results. I'm more open to trying the new with try me or discovery sizes or during holiday extended return time which gives us around 60 days to try/return. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

It's just a way to make money.  Simple is much better.  I use a good serum, day cream with SPF and a night cream.  I have dry skin and I'm in my mid 60's.  Just saw my Derm and he said keep doing what you're doing, it's working.  Skin is in great shape.  

What do you use?

I like the Perlier or First Aid Beauty serum.  I use Josie Maran SPF and at night I use the serum and First Aid Beauty either reg, unscented cream or their night cream in the winter.  I have dry skin and this works great.

Hi,  What Perlier serum do you use; Black rice, one of the honey's? What about Perlier's other facial products, have you tried them?

Do you use First Aid's regular cream which can be used for face and body?  What serum from their line?

THXCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Skinn, Isomers, and Seripous Skincare have so many products, it is hard to figure out what will work best for you.

You have to really do some research to see which products are for your skin type and to see what your skin really needs. It is hard, and there will be some hits and misses, but with all of the products it is very hard.

At least with Serious Skincare, they have different lines based on age and skin concern-makes it a lot easier!!!!!

Super Contributor

@sonechko wrote:
I have opposite experience and therefore a different opinion - out of many very good product lines hat I’ve experimented with it’s Isomers line, and a few of their latest formulations, that work quite well specifically on lifting and contouring, i. e. Anti-aging, that do not allow the gravity to win! The more I stick around predominantely with those Isomers’ products addressing lifting, tightening/contouring,

Can you please recommend LIFTING products from Isomers that have worked well for you. TIA

Esteemed Contributor

It is like taking vitamins.

Some you need - some you don't.

Some you only use for a short time and then go back to it.

Different issues occur at different times.

The line is so specific it really works extremely well for me.