Valued Contributor

Isomers, Paulas Choice, Skinn, Este Lauder, Josie

I want to start with a whole new line of skin product. I have used Este Lauder Advanced Night Repair and Night moisturizer for 20 years. Wanting to know if these other choices would be better for a new start. I tried Isomers on a TTV last year. I have been using it but dont see much change. Now I am thinking about Paulas Choice as it gets alot of high reviews. I am going to start using a Retinol product and a Vitamin C product. I need a good night cream as my skin gets dry. I don't know which one is the best to start. It will just be for my face and neck. I know this is an impossible question but which one do you like the best and why??????

Beckyblu

Trusted Contributor

Re: Isomers, Paulas Choice, Skinn, Este Lauder, Josie

I bought so much last weekend from Skinn. I don't know what came over me but I went crazy. I don't usually do this. I have tried all the brands you named. I'm curious if there are any Skinn lovers out there.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KCDiva wrote:

I bought so much last weekend from Skinn. I don't know what came over me but I went crazy. I don't usually do this. I have tried all the brands you named. I'm curious if there are any Skinn lovers out there.  

@KCDiva  Me, me, me!  I jumped on board with Skinn a little over a year ago.  My routine is still peppered with a few non-Skinn products, but I've been really pleased with the Skinn items I am using.  Before that, I bounced around trying a lot of stuff.  For me to stick with Skinn for over a year, and for my skin to look better than it has in years, that says a lot.  

Regular Contributor

Paula's Choice is amazing! The products have  extremely effective ingredients, priced right and has done wonders for my dry skin. Josie Maran's milk is one of my favorites for hydrating very dry skin as well....I use under my moisturizer.

Skinn is overpriced with underwhelming results and is filled with carcinogenic preservatives banned in Europe. No one should be putting this brand on their precious skin. 

Good luck! Hope this helps you decide!

Respected Contributor

I would recommend Paula's Resist Intensive Repair Cream with Retinol. That's what I use at night. It's very moisturizing to my dry skin (although I'll ad a few drops of oil to my forehead in winter. Has a mild dose of Retinol so it can be used every night, even in my sensitive skin.
Esteemed Contributor

Only Isomers. 

@Junker2327

I have tried all of the lines and so many of them irritate, smell funny, have colors, weird consistencies or just are not effective.

My skin use to be extremely sensitive and dry. It really looks and feels great.

I only use Isomers cleansers also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzycue wrote:

Skinn is overpriced with underwhelming results and is filled with carcinogenic preservatives banned in Europe. No one should be putting this brand on their precious skin. 

You continue to repeat this, but it is ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE.  There are many, many users who are having great success with the products.  If you believe you are correct, then please site your proof.  The Skinn lab and factory is in Torrance, California.  The majority of Skinn products are made there under his oversight.  If anything is made elsewhere, he is honest to label it as such, and even at that, there aren't many.  And the products that are made elsewhere are makeup items - not skincare.  I can't answer why they're made elsewhere and neither can you.  It could be something as simple as the packaging and a foreign factory's ability to make something that Dimitri doesn't have the equipment for.  Just because something is made offshore doesn't make it inherently bad.  Foreign manufacturers still have to follow the standards of the companies they're making things for.  Furthermore, Dimitri REFUSES TO USE use hydroquinone in his skin lightening products at all because it is a BANNED ingredient in some other countries he sells in, even though it's still a "legal" ingredient here.  His decision was to not use it at all.  IMO, he is even MORE CONSCIENTIOUS and has MORE INTEGRITY in this area than many other skincare companies who still use this skin bleaching ingredient in their products even though its safety is in question.  I suggest you do your homework first and please, check your facts before going around making false and outlandish accusations.

SKINN Ingredients

Valued Contributor

HI @Junker2327 - I love your post. I am also a huge fan & user of SKINN. If you decide to try SKINN here are a few of what Dimitri calls non-negotiables. AM-PM Cleanser Set, Dermappeal, Collagenisis 24-Hour Youth Preservation Cream. If you have been using EL Night Recoverey - I believe that is a retinol-type product. I use a retinol product 3 or 4 times per week in PM only and right now I'm using the Consult Beauty retinol kit (3 products) which (so far) I like alot.
There are alot of experienced SKINN users on this board that can give excellent advice about these excellent products. HTH!
Trusted Contributor

Well I am so anxious to try the products I got. The cleansers, neck cream, eye & lip repair, Dermappeal. I don't expect to love all the products but I'm hopeful to find something to reduce wrinkles, blackheads, pores and skin texture. We'll see. I didn't find it at all expensive if you buy the value kits. 

Valued Contributor

@suzycue wrote:

Paula's Choice is amazing! The products have  extremely effective ingredients, priced right and has done wonders for my dry skin. Josie Maran's milk is one of my favorites for hydrating very dry skin as well....I use under my moisturizer.

Good luck! Hope this helps you decide!

Hi suzycue,many of his products actually have a safe preservative called Phenoxyethanol..Yes he does have one called Methylisothiazolinine or something like this in a few products like his face wipes..If i am remembering correct he used this in his shampoo and conditioner when it first came out but i see now he has changed it to the safe one...I like that he is using safe ones...Isomers has used safe ones for yrs now.