Honored Contributor

Isomers HPure bonus size TS 16 ounce question

I am questioning why no pump come with this? It would be hard for me  to squeeze a small amount out with the squeeze top?  What is up with not giving a pump?

Honored Contributor

Re: Isomers HPure bonus size TS 16 ounce question

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am questioning why no pump come with this? It would be hard for me  to squeeze a small amount out with the squeeze top?  What is up with not giving a pump?

Usually pumps don't give an air-tight seal and that might be the reason. Then there's the possibility of the product getting clogged in the nozzle part of the pump, too. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Usually pumps don't give an air-tight seal and that might be the reason. Then there's the possibility of the product getting clogged in the nozzle part of the pump, too. 

@SilleeMee  Good Mornng! 🙂. Maybe a better deal on a smaller bottle would be best then.... I know with my arthritis Holding on to this big bottle and squeezing will be difficult.  Does anyone sell pumps you think separately? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, you can buy small pump bottles. I have ones that hold anywhere from 2 to 8 oz. I buy them from ebay. @SeaMaiden

This one is a 4-oz amber glass pump bottle. It's probably a good size for the Isomers HP and since it's glass it can be put in the dishwasher (not the pump part).

s-l225.jpg

They come with this kind of pump also. Just a matter of preference. This kind of pump will give you more product per pump...designed for thicker, lotion type stuff.

s-l225 (1).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden

You only need a very small amount of HPUR HA. It's very viscous and with this particular product a little truly goes a long way. Imo, a pump would over deliver product in this large sized bottle. It's fairly thick too. I see the smaller bottles @SilleeMee suggested and would like to add a small dropper bottle, available at the local pharmacy might be an option if that wouldn't be hard for your hands. If you have a compounding pharmacy in your area, theyll have more dispenser options than a regular drug store. I also wonder about the tube in the above pics. Again, this product is not watery. It's fairly thick and you'd want the liquid to be able to travel up the straw to the pump. 

Honored Contributor

As far as air tight goes, it doesn't matter what method you use.  Unless it is a vacuum pump where the bottom comes up as the product is used, you're getting the same amount of air in the bottle.  Air replaces the product.  That's why I question such a large bottle.  I would rather buy the same amount in smaller bottles than one big bottle.  Sure, it lasts 3 yrs unopened, but they don't say how long it lasts opened, at least not during the time that I watched it.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @rochelleS,  a dropper bottle would work great! I just didn't know how thick, or thin, the HPur is or how much of it to use. That bottle in the top image I posted would be a good one because that kind of pump mechanism does not dispense much and it's made for 'treatment products'.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

it's fairly thick @SilleeMee. Definitely not like water. A spoon won't stand up in it but I'm thinking, thinking...it's like an extremely emulsified salad dressing, or ketchup, or a thick shampoo or possibly cream rinse ...along that kind of thicknees or fliudity. I'm thinking those otc pump bottles with a skinny delivery straw may not work.

Edit to add, you only need a drop or two for your face. It's slippery. If cocktailing, a little with your other products will suffice. Obviously, on the body more is needed. See my comment on the Isomers Oct thread.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

it's fairly thick @SilleeMee. Definitely not like water. A spoon won't stand up in it but I'm thinking, thinking...it's like an extremely emulsified sale dressing, or ketchup, or a thick shampoo or possibly cream rinse ...along that kind of thicknees or fliudity. I'm thinking those otc pump bottles with a skinny delivery straw may not work.

@rochelleS@SeaMaiden

ITA. I think it does not come with a pump because it's thick & would probably clog the pump.

Similar to aloe vera IMO.

I would not stick a spoon in it either.

I have never had a problem with it coming out of the cap it comes with. You only need a small amount.

When the bottle gets close to empty you can cut it in half to put the remaining HPur in another clean container.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, common on Ladies! This is such easy to solve problem!

Why even complain about the kind of bottle TTV comes from?

It is great price per ounce of a great serum, and that's all it is about - the supersize deal.

Obviously we can transfer part of serum out of this huge bottle, and into a small bottle, with a dropper or whatever you like!

And never have to deal with a problem of lifting heavy bottle every time we need using it.

While safely keeping the big bottle. tightly closed in a dark, cool place.