Esteemed Contributor

Re: Isomers Gluathosome face serum antiox. Does yours smell awful.

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

@hopi  That's shameful when a company doesn't understand that GOOD CS makes a lasting impression and makes for a loyal customer.   That would turn me off too.  Thankfully you got the results you needed from Evine,  but I would truly be hesitant to purchase going forward, UNLESS, you are getting wonderful results and this is the first time this happened to you.  I would also write a letter to Isomers to let them know of your disappointment in the service your received.   They may not be aware.

@nyc1 

Wrote them a sharp reply yesterday and did get a call from Canada this morning.  Patrica explained again the product and I replied extensively the problem and  CS response  She said they keep sample batches and mine was fine. She apologized and said was there any suggestions or thing she could do. Told her ShopHG handled the issue. My only suggestion was  Isomers has started  add silicones to some of their products that previously did not.  My skin has issues with it.  She hoped that I would still stay on as a customer. 

Anyway I appreciate everyone's imput and concern for me.  Just very dissapointed that I had to send it back.

Honored Contributor

I said in another thread that I have a small version of this product. Mine is the new Prev Corr product, same as the large sized one everyone bought on special. Isomers renamed it because Evine didn't like the sound of Prev Corr for whatever reason.

My small version has a noticable scent to it. So I imagine the large size would smell stronger. The product has not gone bad. The smell is a great sign there are large amounts of powerful ingredients in it, and does not linger on this skin at all.

This is really not something to be concerned about, functionalitywise.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

After reading Isomers' response that @hopi shared I decided to be brave last night and use the glut serum on my face and neck. It smelled horrendous (so much worse than the glut body butter) but the smell dissipated as soon as I applied the serum.  When I used it this morning, there was no smell at all.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Have used and loved this product. Mine came today. The smell is sickening.

Got 2 bottles and they are exactly alike. 

There is a real difference in this serum any Isomers users have input.

TIA

@hopi I would like to share this article from Manuela on Glutathisome Serum Bonus size. 

Image may contain: text

Esteemed Contributor

I hope, that Manuela Machiggiani addressed this issues of Glutathisome 'smell' concerns for everyone.

Now we know, this is not 'spoiled' product, not bad batch of Glut., not transporting product in hot weather.

We also know it is not perfumed. Lol!

The smell is of a large amount of Glutathisome packed and sealed in big bottle.

I am sure, smell with descipate in a while when unsealed. I personally collect small bottles of a same label to transfer product for everyday use, and keep a supersize bottle tightly closed, in a darkest and coolest place I can find in my home. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I said in another thread that I have a small version of this product. Mine is the new Prev Corr product, same as the large sized one everyone bought on special. Isomers renamed it because Evine didn't like the sound of Prev Corr for whatever reason.

My small version has a noticable scent to it. So I imagine the large size would smell stronger. The product has not gone bad. The smell is a great sign there are large amounts of powerful ingredients in it, and does not linger on this skin at all.

This is really not something to be concerned about, functionalitywise.

@Porcelain You gave that very same explanation as Manuela did later on. We know, we not getting some "pretty" product, but a mother load of pure actives instead! Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

TIA

I am not sure if OP, @hopi , had a chance to read what was posted from Manuela Marcheggiani personally taking the time to explain and answer her concerns.

Maybe @hopi  did not yet see these latest posts, because she did not post anything in response. I know, she sent back both of her bottles, and this could be her final closure on this matter. 

Trusted Contributor

I ordered this but didn't open the bottle yet.  I was going to wait until I finished the current bottle of Isomers I was using, but I suppose I should find out if I can tolerate the smell.

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@hopi wrote:

TIA

I am not sure if OP, @hopi , had a chance to read what was posted from Manuela Marcheggiani personally taking the time to explain and answer her concerns.

Maybe @hopi  did not yet see these latest posts, because she did not post anything in response. I know, she sent back both of her bottles, and this could be her final closure on this matter. 

Manuela should take the time to explain. It was almost $400 worth of product. @sonechko  you know I am a Isomers addict and have a storeworthy stash.  Can't figure out after years of using this product the odor made me gag. Could not tolerate it at all or even touch the stuff.   Even have several of the large Gluathasome body lotion and smell nothing.

The bottles have been sent back and Isomers response has been sufficient for me. The whole issue is resolved and done.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@hopi wrote:

TIA

Manuela should take the time to explain. It was almost $400 worth of product. @sonechko  you know I am a Isomers addict and have a storeworthy stash.  Can't figure out after years of using this product the odor made me gag. Could not tolerate it at all or even touch the stuff.   Even have several of the large Gluathasome body lotion and smell nothing.

The bottles have been sent back and Isomers response has been sufficient for me. The whole issue is resolved and done.

@hopi  Yes, I know. This is what I also thought - the issue was resolved for you after you sent it back for a refund. The company took back these two open bottles and you are not out of almost $400 any longer. 

I understand, if you did not like the smell of a product and did not want to use it, because you could not tolerate it.

But there was nothing wrong with the product itself! Nothing!

This Glut product was what it was, and smelled like Glut, and Isomers customer service representative tried to explain this to you. 

Later on Manuela personally assured  - there was nothing wrong with this batch of Glutathisome you got,

So that's that. Simple, if you do not like the smell of it, you do not need to keep it - the company will take it back, no drama, no questions asked - guaranteed within 30 days from the order date.

They will take back even open bottles and will give back your money, even if the product in those bottles was not defective. We all know this well. 

I tugged you, because I was wondering, if you have seen Manuela's personal response to your concern.