Honored Contributor

Re: Isomers Gluathosome face serum antiox. Does yours smell awful.

Yikes, I just noticed this is now $465.00 on the SHQ site!!

Frequent Contributor

@Shelbelle I was looking at the line up for next week's shows and I see that this is scheduled to be presented on several shows. I wonder what price it will be then? It would seem like a waste of time presenting it for $465 when just a few weeks ago i was $150 but you never know.

Respected Contributor

I’ve only purchased it one time and mine has no smell whatsoever.  

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 

@nyc1 wrote:

I’ve only purchased it one time and mine has no smell whatsoever.  

I purchase this product everytime Isomers put it on special and never have has a smell at all. Love it, but something is wrong with this batch. Isomers CS was awful , ShopHQ said send it back and they will refund shipping and return ship plus cost. Very disappointed in Isomers CS.  Being  a loyal big spender for over 10 years with this company not just blowing in the wind.

Respected Contributor

@hopi Just curious what Isomers CS told you about the smell.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo 

@Linmo wrote:

This product does have its own particular scent. It is normal and the smell should dissipate upon application of the product.

If you are smelling a large quantity of product such as in a 500ml, the odor is more evident. If you are smelling a smaller quantity of product, the odor may be inexistent so different size bottles will smell differently.

Please fee secure in using your Glutathiosome Anti-Oxidant Face Serum.

Regards,
Francesca
Customer service

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Linmo 

@Linmo wrote:

This product does have its own particular scent. It is normal and the smell should dissipate upon application of the product.

If you are smelling a large quantity of product such as in a 500ml, the odor is more evident. If you are smelling a smaller quantity of product, the odor may be inexistent so different size bottles will smell differently.

Please fee secure in using your Glutathiosome Anti-Oxidant Face Serum.

Regards,
Francesca
Customer service

@hopi thanks for sharing that.  I was wondering whether I should open my bottle early to see if it smelled, but I don't think I'll do that.   It will probably smell.   I understand that you are disappointed with Isomers CS response, but from past experience, I know that they own up to their mistakes when there is a problem.  This is the largest size in the glutathiosome that they've ever offered.  The smell could be attributed to that and as @scullychick reported and they noted in their response, the smell should go away pretty quickly.  It doesn't mean that the product is bad or harmful to the skin.  There is only one review on ShopHQ so far, a five star, but I will continue to check them out over the next couple of weeks.  
Trusted Contributor

I have used Glut serum several years now, I haven't noticed any smell. I don't have the prev-corr version since I stocked up on the older version(2X4oz bottles). Lesson learned - never stock up on larger sizes, they always come up with a new version soon after!

Respected Contributor

@hopi  That's shameful when a company doesn't understand that GOOD CS makes a lasting impression and makes for a loyal customer.   That would turn me off too.  Thankfully you got the results you needed from Evine,  but I would truly be hesitant to purchase going forward, UNLESS, you are getting wonderful results and this is the first time this happened to you.  I would also write a letter to Isomers to let them know of your disappointment in the service your received.   They may not be aware.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have noticed that, to me anyway, many of the "firming" type products, regarldess of brand, have a somewhat "fishy" smell, yes it dissipates after you apply it, but boy does it smell at first!

I almost wonder if it is like Cilantro- some people smell it like soap(me) and some dont- maybe I have a "gene"that makes some ingredient smell fishy to me?